Other Standalone Steam Link Discontinued

NameGervin

Full GL Member
Credits
steamlinkdiscontinued_thumb.jpg

Valve has announced the discontinuation of the physical Steam Link device. While both the physical Steam Link and digital mobile app will be supported, an update on the official product page for the streaming box notes that the streaming boxes will no longer be made developed. It clarified that stock is sold out in Europe. However, some copies are still available in North America.

I think people would rather buy a Windows 10 PC or laptop for using Steam game streaming. I think the system requirements for Steam game streaming is not very high for PC.

I rather spend the money on a faster SSD, better video card, more RAM, etc than buy a PC game streaming device like Steam Link.

Right. Also people on PC prefers mouse and keyboard... that's why they are on PC in the very first place.

I feel a large percentage of PC gamers also have their Gaming PC and TV in the same room, so they maybe less likely to buy a device for PC game streaming when they can just buy a long HDMI cable to plug their gaming PC into a larger TV.

There are PC users also own PC monitors which are bigger than 20 inches, so they can be fine with using their PC monitor for gaming.

Back