Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from CBR:

During a chat with The Guardian, Takei was asked if the camaraderie on the fictional USS Enterprise translated on set. The actor was quick to say, "Yes. Yes. YES! Except for one, who was a prima donna." The prima donna in question is William Shatner, who played Captain James. T. Kirk. The feud between Shatner and Takei has been never-ending as the former crewmates have traded words long after their time on the original series and the subsequent films they appeared in together.

Takei went on to mention that he made lifelong friends with the rest of the cast. Walter Koenig's Chekov was the best man at his 2008 wedding while the late Nichelle Nichols, who portrayed Nyota Uhura, insisted on being his best lady. When asked if anyone in the cast got along with Shatner, Takei said, "No, none of us," and he elaborated on the reasons why by saying, "He was self-involved. He enjoyed being the center of attention. He wanted everyone to kowtow to him."

Shatner has had his share to say about the feud with his Star Trek castmates as well. Just recently, Shatner stated, "Sixty years after some incident, they are still on that track. Don't you think that's a little weird? It's like a sickness. I began to understand that they were doing it for publicity." The former Captain of the USS Enterprise also spoke about Takei directly by saying, "George [Takei] has never stopped blackening my name. These people are bitter and embittered. I have run out of patience with them. Why give credence to people consumed by envy and hate?"

Back