Full GL Member
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from CBR a trailer might be revealed soon:

There is a good chance this year's Star Wars Celebration, which is set to take place on May 26, will see the release of the first teaser trailer for Andor. It's uncertain if the teaser trailer will be released publicly or if its debut will be exclusive to the audiences present at the event. Worth noting is that Andor star Adria Arjona, who is playing an as of yet unknown character, previously revealed to Screen Rant that she will be attending the event.

I'm confused about what it will be about but at least it's better than the Star Wars Holiday special.

Read more from CBR:
Adriano Goldman, director of photography for Season 1 of Andor, revealed that the upcoming Star Wars project was originally planned to run for five seasons.

In an interview for a Brazilian TV channel, Goldman said, "The series I worked on [Andor] was supposed to be 5 seasons long, but I think it’s not happening, it will have 3 [seasons] maybe." Andor was announced in November 2018, with the first season to consist of twelve episodes. The series will be set five years before Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and follow Cassian Andor during his formative years as a Rebel Spy. Diego Luna returns as Andor after originating the character in the 2016 film.

Read from CBR:

"This guy gave his life for the galaxy, right? I mean, he consciously, soberly, without vanity or recognition, sacrificed himself," Gilroy said of Cassian. "Who does that? That's what this first season is about. It's about him being really revolution-averse, and cynical, and lost, and kind of a mess."

According to the outlet, Andor kicks off with the "destruction of Andor’s birth world, then follows him into adulthood." From there, Gilroy said the character realizes he needs to stand for something. "His adopted home will become the base of our whole first season, and we watch that place become radicalized," he said. "Then we see another planet that's completely taken apart in a colonial kind of way. The Empire is expanding rapidly. They're wiping out anybody who's in their way."

Luna, who will return to star as a somewhat younger version of his Rogue One character, said Andor is a refugee story focusing on those fleeing the wrath of the Empire. "It's the journey of a migrant," the actor said. "That feeling of having to move is behind this story, very profoundly and very strong. That shapes you as a person. It defines you in many ways, and what you are willing to do."

Along with Luna's return, Genevieve O'Reilly will be back as Rebel leader Mon Mothma. The actor had a brief appearance as the character in Revenge of the Sith when she was still a senator in the Galactic Republic. In Return of the Jedi, she also featured, played by Caroline Blakiston, making her a key figure in the Rebellion across the Star Wars universe. She'll have a role just as key as Cassian's, building up the Rebel Alliance with his help. But they won't be alone. "It is a huge, orchestral, Dickensian ensemble cast," Gilroy said.

Saw the trailer:

New trailer:

Premiere date:

A bold graphic posted on the official Star Wars Instagram account broke the news of the 10-week schedule. Starting with the three-episode premiere date of Sept. 21, Andor will air a new episode every Wednesday through October and November, with the final episode dropping Nov. 23 -- the day before Thanksgiving.

New trailer:

I haven't gotten into watching any of the side shows that the Star Wars franchise has been putting out. My husband has watched all the shows but I haven't seen any of them. I'm sure my husband will be watching this show whenever it comes on.

Oh man, no one has talked about this show here? Okay if you haven't watched Andor, watch it, it's the best Star Wars.

Back