Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Perhaps the biggest news to come out of Celebration so far is the confirmation that Daisy Ridley is coming back to Star Wars. Disney and Lucasfilm announced that The Force Awakens actress will return as Rey in a sequel to the recent Star Wars trilogy. It will be set roughly 15 years after the events of Rise of Skywalker and will be about Rey’s journey to bring back the Jedi Order.

Lucasfilm didn’t just announce one Star Wars film. It announced three. And the other two Star Wars movies are set in totally different eras than Rey’s returning film.

One of the movies is set during the same time period as recent Disney+ shows The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett and is from Rebels and Clone Wars creator Dave Filoni. According to a blog post from Lucasfilm, Filoni’s live-action Star Wars film will “focus on the New Republic” and will “close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, [and] Ashoka.”

Finally, a third film from director James Mangold (Logan) is also in development and will be set in a very different time period of the Star Wars galaxy. Mangold’s film will reveal the “Dawn of the Jedi” and will be set 25,000 years before the prequels.

Source

MEH no need for more Rey. More Mando and his N-1 Starfighter instead!

I feel like they are really blue-milking this series by adding more Rey lore. Ashoka needs lore though so hopefully it's better than the Clone Wars but then again this is modern Disney Star Wars. At least the Mando series seems okay in general tho.

I really think we might get to see the Darths before Palpatine in that older series. Can't really mess that up.

Dave Filoni said this on Ahsoka spinoff series :

"Blue is a tricky one," Filoni told TheWrap at Star Wars Celebration 2023. "We went round and round on the blue! And the green [for Hera]. And the orange [for Ahsoka]!" he added. "Why did I do all these things?" he asked rhetorically, laughing. "I could’ve made my life so much simpler!" The showrunner then detailed how important it was to find a shade of blue that would work in countless live-action scenarios. "If the blue is very strong, it almost starts to lean too far back into animation," Filoni explained. "So you have to find a blue that is complex, that has multiple layers to it, that has transparencies and a sense of blood and skin."

Latest Ahsoka trailer:

Respawn Entertainment is planning on developing a new Star Wars first-person shooter game. They haven't decided on the game's name yet but I'm looking forward to it. Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order was my best they developed.

If they wanted to, they could honestly use major & minor characters & have them star in their own movies as backstories. But then, to me, it gets too tedious. I remember Star Wars coming out in 1977 & having a couple more after. They were quite good. It's hard to believe 46 years later they are STILL going on with this series.

Back