Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'The Big Screen' started by Demon_Skeith, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

2. WitchAssassin

WitchAssassin Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Female
    Money:
    $9,138
    I saw this trailer today on my lunch break. I'm so excited for this movie to come out. I can't wait!!

3. cm2

cm2 Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $9,639
    Then after this, Star Wars: The Rise Of Solo lol.

4. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

fans would lose this collective madness.

5. VirusZero

VirusZero Well-Known Member Full GL Member

I'm just ready for the "mary sue" trilogy to end already so they can learn from their mistakes, move onto new/better things and not screw up this hard again.

I don't overly like Rey as a character. She has no growth or change. She's not really in any kind of struggle. She becomes perfect at everything she does too fast. Like the fight against Kylo Ren. He's a somewhat trained lightsaber user whereas she's never really turned the blade on before. It should have been a curbstomp battle in his favour. Or earlier in the film where she masters the Jedi Mind Trick on her first real attempt.
    But let me be clear here, it's not the actress' fault. No, I blame really crappy writing that gave the actors/actresses nothing to work with. Same deal with Captain Phasma. She's supposed to be this badass but she's in the films for like 2 minutes total and doesn't do a lot. Very much a squandered character/actress.

I'd love if the 7th and 8th movies were wiped out as a fever dream or something. Possibly force visions of the future if left unchecked. Either way have them just negated completely from canon.

6. cm2

cm2 Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $9,639
    Not a fan of the new stuff either-probably minus the new upcoming The Mandalorian TV Series, coz that one looks promising to me--Both Kylo and Rey as characters are just not interesting enough for me. Now if only they would make Knights Of The Old Republic into a movie that would be awesome. coz the story and characters in KOTOR are just awesome and well written.

7. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

apparently this 9th movie is to end all movie sagas up to this point.

8. DarkShame2

DarkShame2 Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Money:
    $281
    It's the end of the Skywalker saga.

9. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

nine movies long apparently :p