PS4 Stardew Valley coming to PS4 on December 13th

Blu-Cup

Credits
4fbc5c4ab8c74c0a875b50418201b7ee.png

Stardew Valley is a massively popular life sim on Steam that follows the open-ended life of a young man/woman that inherits a farm from their deceased grandfather. It's your job to clear out the land and turn it into profitable farmland, all the while befriending the townsfolk and finding a potential husband or wife.

Features

• Turn your overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more! You’ll have plenty of space to create the farm of your dreams.
  • Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging. As you progress, you’ll learn new cooking and crafting recipes, unlock new areas to explore, and customize your skills by choosing from a variety of professions.
  • Become part of the local community. With over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, you won’t have a problem finding new friends! Each person has their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cutscenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year. As you make friends with them, they will open up to you, ask you for help with their personal troubles, or tell you their secrets! Take part in seasonal festivals such as the luau, haunted maze, and feast of the winter star.
  • Explore a vast, mysterious cave. As you travel deeper underground, you’ll encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones, raw materials for crafting and upgrading tools, and mysteries to be uncovered.
  • Breathe new life into the valley. Since JojaMart opened, the old way of life in Stardew Valley has changed. Much of the town’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair. Help restore Stardew Valley to it’s former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
  • Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 12 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cutscenes. Once married, your partner will live on the farm with you. Who knows, maybe you’ll have kids and start a family?
  • Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
  • Donate artifacts and minerals to the local museum.
  • Cook delicious meals and craft useful items to help you out. With over 100 cooking and crafting recipes, you’ll have a wide variety of items to create. Some dishes you cook will even give you temporary boosts to skills, running speed, or combat prowess. Craft useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
  • Customize the appearance of your character and house. With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams!
  • Over two hours of original music.
Official Website: Stardew Valley

I quickly finished my run of Final Fantasy XV upon hearing this news. I enjoyed the crap out of this game on Steam but I am not much for sitting around at my PC and playing games, so being able to play this on a dedicated gaming console is a dream come true. Can't wait.

I bought this game a month or two ago when it was on sale. Can't recall the exact price but below $10. I've played it before on my computer so I just had to get it on the PS4. It is a perfect game to relax to and just play while laying in your bed. It blows my mind that it was made by one single person that didn't even know how to code or develop games before he started. This isn't just a basic farm game. It has so many additional things. You can explore the areas, the town, get to know the people, and even uncover some crazy secrets.

I've also read somewhere that they will be adding a multiplayer/coop in the near future? I'd love that. I could finally play with my friends.

I got Stardew valley last year in the Summer Sales and I was not impressed to be honest. I don't see how everyone's so hyped in this game. I think it had 98% approval rating on Steam, but I guess it's not for me. Give me a good adventure game over a 2D farming game in 2017 any day.

I bought this game a month or two ago when it was on sale. Can't recall the exact price but below $10. I've played it before on my computer so I just had to get it on the PS4. It is a perfect game to relax to and just play while laying in your bed. It blows my mind that it was made by one single person that didn't even know how to code or develop games before he started. This isn't just a basic farm game. It has so many additional things. You can explore the areas, the town, get to know the people, and even uncover some crazy secrets.

I've also read somewhere that they will be adding a multiplayer/coop in the near future? I'd love that. I could finally play with my friends.
I remember a classmate playing Harvest Moon back in high school. She said you can court different women on the game. I thought it was weird since it was a farming game, but apparently it can be like a SIMS game as well. A 2D Sims game where you can romance different pixelated women. I don't see the appeal honestly, but then again maybe I just don't belong in the target demographic of this game.

Back