Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
As I used my laptop today to listen to youtube music, I got a lot of static and the voice tone being dragged out. I unpulged my speakers and the sound got better but there was still traces of static and lag. I'll confirm if it was my internet tonight as I watch a show on my laptop, but I assume my sound card is acting up.

It's almost a year now that I've had my laptop but I don't see how my sound card can be going bad. Perhaps I need to update my drivers?

Maybe it is the videos which has static since some videos which are lower quality has static sounds.

It is kind of weird that your sound card suddenly has static after you use the same sound card driver for so long.

Reinstalling your sound card driver may help. You can also try turning down the volume in Windows with the Speaker shortcut on the bottom right of your desktp's taskbar to see if turning down the volume helps to make the static go a way.

It may also be the sound wires for your speaker, or soundcard wires inside your laptop going bad. You can try another pair of speakers as well.

It is best to contact your laptop maker before your warranty expires just in case it is your sound card going bad, and you need the sound card to be repaired or replaced.

You can download a YouTube video with http://keepvid.com/ , and hear if the video has static problems when being played offline on your laptop with a video player software.

Back