Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Well Steam's Halloween sales is going on right now, anyone here big on Steam sales?

Well, darn. I probably missed on this sale.
I am not big on it, as I don't game often on the PC, but I still like to keep an eye out.
You never know when they throw you great gems at stupidly low prices.
Did you get anything good?

I picked up Crypt of the NecroDancer myself…had been looking at it for a while, loved the soundtrack even before I got it, knew I'd want to get the collector's edition for the three versions of said soundtrack, but didn't want to pay full price…got the extras and paid as much as I'd've paid for just the game off sale. Played 13 hours already and can't stop listening to the soundtrack…I'd call that a worthwhile purchase.

I picked up Crypt of the NecroDancer myself…had been looking at it for a while, loved the soundtrack even before I got it, knew I'd want to get the collector's edition for the three versions of said soundtrack, but didn't want to pay full price…got the extras and paid as much as I'd've paid for just the game off sale. Played 13 hours already and can't stop listening to the soundtrack…I'd call that a worthwhile purchase.
I LOVE that game! But I'm terrible at it, lol! Fantastic soundtrack though- but I don't have the collectors version, what else is included? Mine jsut has the normal soundtrack, and then the same with the Shopkeeper singing.

I took a look, but didn't really see anything I was overly interested in. A fair amount of it seemed to be horror based (If I remember right, I just glanced through it), and I'm just not real big on that.

I LOVE that game! But I'm terrible at it, lol! Fantastic soundtrack though- but I don't have the collectors version, what else is included? Mine jsut has the normal soundtrack, and then the same with the Shopkeeper singing.

I took a look, but didn't really see anything I was overly interested in. A fair amount of it seemed to be horror based (If I remember right, I just glanced through it), and I'm just not real big on that.
The collector's edition has three versions of the soundtrack, one for most chars, one for Melody, and one for Aria…Melody's is essentially a remixed, still electronic version of the tunes, Aria's is heavy rock. Both don't have shopkeeper versions, and I've yet to play as Melody or Aria so I can't comment on if they have them in-game. You also get some official art (including two gifs) and a 'making of' video which I've yet to find the time to watch. When the sale was going on I got the Collector's Edition for the cost of the normal game, so I'd call that worth…plus I'm a huge music geek so it made it easy.

…may have also just cleared the "So Hardcore!" achievement today… (clear All Zones mode with solo Cadence)…going to blame my music geekery and minor in music on being able to keep the beat.

The collector's edition has three versions of the soundtrack, one for most chars, one for Melody, and one for Aria…Melody's is essentially a remixed, still electronic version of the tunes, Aria's is heavy rock. Both don't have shopkeeper versions, and I've yet to play as Melody or Aria so I can't comment on if they have them in-game. You also get some official art (including two gifs) and a 'making of' video which I've yet to find the time to watch. When the sale was going on I got the Collector's Edition for the cost of the normal game, so I'd call that worth…plus I'm a huge music geek so it made it easy.

…may have also just cleared the "So Hardcore!" achievement today… (clear All Zones mode with solo Cadence)…going to blame my music geekery and minor in music on being able to keep the beat.
It's not the beat I'm having too much trouble with, it's honestly the more complicated change up in attacks, going from world 1 to 2. I can get most of the way through World 2, but I always end up making dumb mistakes. Especially those damn Blue Skeletons. Like, my brain knows that it's 'forward-strike-back-forward-strike' (I think, it's been a while since I played) but my fingers just refuse to do that! The more 'random-ish' movement ones tend to screw me up, like the skeletons and wizards, most of the other mobs aren't hard at all, besides the Red Dragon which just doesn't have a lot of screw up room with how strong that stupid blast is and how necessary being in a good position is. Sometimes you just get screwed depending on where the dragon shows up! I need to just sit and play for a long time, try and get the movements down.

Congrats on the achieves though! That's awesome! And I'll have to see about getting the extended soundtrack too; I love the versions with the shopkeeper best, but I don't know that I've heard the remixed or rock versions either, unless on Twitch.

It's not the beat I'm having too much trouble with, it's honestly the more complicated change up in attacks, going from world 1 to 2. I can get most of the way through World 2, but I always end up making dumb mistakes. Especially those damn Blue Skeletons. Like, my brain knows that it's 'forward-strike-back-forward-strike' (I think, it's been a while since I played) but my fingers just refuse to do that! The more 'random-ish' movement ones tend to screw me up, like the skeletons and wizards, most of the other mobs aren't hard at all, besides the Red Dragon which just doesn't have a lot of screw up room with how strong that stupid blast is and how necessary being in a good position is. Sometimes you just get screwed depending on where the dragon shows up! I need to just sit and play for a long time, try and get the movements down.

Congrats on the achieves though! That's awesome! And I'll have to see about getting the extended soundtrack too; I love the versions with the shopkeeper best, but I don't know that I've heard the remixed or rock versions either, unless on Twitch.
Ah, yeah, the various motions in response to the different enemy types took a LOT of trial and error to get down…shielded skeletons I do agree were particularly annoying to get used to…wait until Zone 3 when they have ghost horses! Managed an all-zones run with three chars now…Cadence (main), Bard (easy mode, no beat to follow), and Melody (unlocked for beating the game with Cadence)…not sure who I'll go for next…probably not the 'miss a beat you die' char though…that just seems insane for where I'm at.

So you can have a comparison, here're the alternate versions of Zone 1 Level 1's music:

Alternate Techno (Melody):
Rock (Aria):

Back