froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A new global mobile consumer survey details technology trends from the U.S. as noted throughout 2016, and among them are details about how US techies use their phone. Most notably, about 40-percent of Americans check their smartphone within five minutes of waking up in the morning. That number grows over the minutes following, with most people checking their phone within an hour of waking up, and continuing to check it dozens of times throughout the day.

Read More

When I used a cell phone, I rarely use it in the morning or for most of the day because almost no one ever phone or text me because I don't have many friends or family who contact me often.

The main reason I owned a cell phone is because my family wanted to quickly contact me when I'm away from home.

I tend to check Instagram when I wake up in the morning. I usually wash my face or take a shower before doing this, so it's not in the first 5 minutes, but more like in the first half hour.

I'm not surprised. After all, it's a lot more convenient to check a phone than turn on a PC and open an internet browser, and a lot of people likely leave their phone or tablet besides their bed anyway.

That said, I suspect a lot of people also turn on their PC and open a web browser in the first hour of their day as well.

I tend to over sleep, so I'm in a rush to prepare myself to go to school, work, and social activities like movies with friends. But, I sometimes check the news on my tablet when I have nothing to do for the day. If I'm early to school and other places, I used to check forums, blogs, and social networks before school or work.

Personally I grab my phone first thing upon waking up.

In my defense I set my alarm on my phone so I pick it up to silence the alarm and then check some things.

My phone is the last thing I grab, though to substitute this I do check my PC stuff nearly instantly unless I have to be somewhere.

I also check my PC often because my forum occasionally has spam posts from spammers on a weekly basis. I like to delete spam as soon as possible because some of the links to the spammer sites they post may contain scams, adult content, ransomware, spyware, viruses, etc which can harm my visitors computer, or scam them.

Plus, spam can make a forum look like it is abandoned if there are no mods and admins which quickly delete spam. I think human spammers will post less often if their spam messages gets deleted within a few hours or less of being posted.

I also check my PC often because my forum occasionally has spam posts from spammers on a weekly basis. I like to delete spam as soon as possible because some of the links to the spammer sites they post may contain scams, adult content, ransomware, spyware, viruses, etc which can harm my visitors computer, or scam them.

Plus, spam can make a forum look like it is abandoned if there are no mods and admins which quickly delete spam. I think human spammers will post less often if their spam messages gets deleted within a few hours or less of being posted.

My forum should be the first thing but I check my email for any alerts that need my attention.

My forum should be the first thing but I check my email for any alerts that need my attention.

I check my forum first because it is less active these days, so there is usually not much to check, and only 1-3 spammer to ban once in awhile.

I also don't get many useful e-mails on a daily basis except for e-mails for deals on Amazon, eBay, and other stores.

Back