Super Mario Bros.

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
They made a movie back in 1993 based on Mario & Luigi.

Super_Mario_Bros_%281993%29_theatrical_poster.jpg

Do you think they should do a remake? Would you be interested in seeing another Mario Bros. movie? Why or why not?

I'll be the first to admit I like this movie. Don't get wrong this is a horrible movie. At least, it's a horrible movie based on Mario Bros. If you knew absolutely nothing about Mario, it's a pretty good movie.

Though, I don't think they should remake it and Hollywood should stay way from video games and anime. Sure it's 20 years later, but I don't think they've learned anything. Look at Dragon Ball Evolution. Actually, don't look at it. Give it absolutely zero attention. Long story short, Hollywood ruins everything it touches. And if they do want to try something like that again, go animated because there's a reason these kind of video games aren't live action.

I agree with you, some movies are better if you know absolutely nothing about them. If you are a fan of the game it's based on, then you have a whole different perspective of things and it usually isn't good. I like Super Mario Bros. but I wasn't a fan of the movie. It wasn't at all what I was expecting when I did end up watching it.

I think they should remake it, though how you make a movie out of the mario bros would be rather hard without... making something like this was.

That's kind of what I was thinking. But isn't there things they can do now that they couldn't do with the movies at the time that one was made?

That's kind of what I was thinking. But isn't there things they can do now that they couldn't do with the movies at the time that one was made?

without a doubt, but I just can't see something like SMB being live action without being awkward or twisted beyond what we love of the series.

without a doubt, but I just can't see something like SMB being live action without being awkward or twisted beyond what we love of the series.

Well, it depends on who makes the movie. Some people do a good job of making the movie, in my opinion. But there are some people that will take a movie and twist it into something completely different than what it was meant to be.

Well, it depends on who makes the movie. Some people do a good job of making the movie, in my opinion. But there are some people that will take a movie and twist it into something completely different than what it was meant to be.

but SMB is about two people going down pipes and jumping on enemies, how can you translate that to a good movie?

Back