Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

If you watch this tear down video here, you'll learn that the Switch Lite is using the near exact hardware as regular Nintendo Switches. So the issue? The Switch Lite, only out for a few days, is also drifting as shown in the video above. Meaning Nintendo has taken few steps in fixing this issue.

They should have fixed this issue before they released the Lite consoles. What makes it worse is that you can't take the joy-cons off on the Lite version, so to get it repaired you have to send the whole console away to be repaired. The best way to see if your console is suffering from drift is to open the calibration screen and you will see the dot move by itself.

giphy-3.gif

Image Source

I have my doubts.

I also have my doubts.

The Switch Lite maybe mainly sold at stores to attract people to walk to the Switch section of game and electronics stores. But, Nintendo and the store hopes the buyer buys the more expensive Switch tablet console, and a few Switch accessories like controllers, screen protectors, and cases.

Nintendo may of release the Switch Lite to see if there is a large demand for a handheld Switch Lite.

If there is a huge demand for the Switch Lite, Nintendo may more quickly release a software update or do hardware warranty repairs.

But, if there is low demand for the Switch Lite, it may take longer for Nintendo to fix the Switch Lite.

Back