Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

lol posted that teaser before. Now we have two system shocks in gaming latest's system! Need one more so it's 3 = System Shock 3. lol

Read Warren Spector interview:

GamesBeat: Can you fill in some of the blanks on how things have been going for you in the last few years with OtherSide? It seemed like work on System Shock 3 came to an end for you. I don’t know if that’s the right way to characterize it.

Warren Spector:
We released a statement last year. There’s not much more to say at this point. Tencent is taking the franchise forward. It’ll be up to them to say what they want to say. There’s not much clarification I can give you.

GamesBeat: How long had you worked on that previously?

Spector:
We worked on it in 2018 and 2019. That was it.

GamesBeat: How large had the studio gotten for that project?

Spector:
I think we maxed out at 17.

(Talking about his new game)

GamesBeat: How long have you been actively working on it now?

Spector:
I went through a pretty long phase of just developing this one or that one. I guess it’s been not quite a year. But again, remember, that was me sitting alone. It almost doesn’t count. Paul and I take this seriously. When it comes to creating something new, you want to do something special. Making games is–I call it “grindingly hard.” If you’re not at least trying to do something great–you’re going to fail most of the time, and I get that. But if you’re not trying, it’s soul-crushing. There’s no point.

I’m a relentless advocate for a particular kind of game, for immersive simulations. I’m going to do that for the rest of my life, or at least the rest of my career. If I can’t do that I guess I’ll stop making games. But in many ways it’s what I’ve been thinking about for quite a while as the next step in immersive sims. If we pull it off, people are not going to be ready for what’s going to hit them.

GamesBeat: Is it consistent with some of the themes you’ve advocated for before, like emergent gameplay over scripted storytelling?

Spector:
Oh, absolutely. I have no interest–at my studios, you’re not allowed to say the word “puzzle.” We don’t make puzzles. As soon as you say the words “the player must” or “the player has to” I stop listening. It turns into blah-blah-blah. Games have always been about players showing how clever and creative they are. We remind ourselves constantly that they’re as smart as we are, and in many ways smarter. The bottom line is, we’re the only medium in human history that’s been able to engage players as partners in storytelling. That’s what I’m going to do as long as people will keep paying me to do it.

SYSTEM SHOCK 3 looks like a nice Sci-fi action game with realistic graphics.

Saw new Trailer on the first System Shock remake:

I hope its a bit scary and doesn't become another generic space shooter. The trailer doesn't fill me with much hope.

Game has gone gold. Read from allied gaming

System Shock Remake has officially gone GOLD.

What does "Gone Gold" mean? Back in the days before games were digital, a game going gold meant it was completely finished development, finalised, and ready to go off to be printed onto CDs (and eventually DVDs) at the factory. It means the game is finished, and ready for gamers for its official launch... with System Shock Remake launching on May 30 on the PC.

System Shock Remake PC System Requirements:

Minimum:

• CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD FX-8320 (or better)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB (or better)
  • Storage: 2GB
  • DirectX: Version 11

Recommended:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-8350 (or better)
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB or AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB (or better)
  • Storage: 2GB
  • DirectX: Version 11

They just need to boost the horror in the game in order to make it more realistic.

Back