froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
In an interview with CNET, a TCL Communications CEO Nicolas Zibell said the company could release up to three more BlackBerry phones in 2017.

Read More

I'm guessing TCL maybe planing to release a more expensive Blackberry with faster smartphone parts, or release a few cheaper smartphones with slower parts.

A faster secure Blackberry phone would be useful for workers like the police or soldiers who need access to information quickly, and use crime fighting apps to help them quickly find and arrest criminals and war criminals.

I think it could be a good idea to release a cheaper Blackberry phone for small business owners who need a smartphone which is very secure and private to use. There are some small business owners like eBay and Craigslist sellers who don't have a lot of money. Average Android phones made by Samsung are too expensive for some business users because their company is not earning any money or enough money. But, they need an affordable secure smartphone for replying to messages, text, voice calls, and video calls.

Well, I guess it's great that Blackberry wants to keep the dream alive despite all odds being against them...

I thought blackberry shut down?

Well, I guess it's great that Blackberry wants to keep the dream alive despite all odds being against them...

I think there a small, but dedicated user base who need a secure smartphone now that Blackberry OS phone is inactive. Alternatives to Blackberry like Windows Phone, Symbian, and Ubuntu Phone are also less active, or discontinued.

More popular phones like Apple's iPhone, and Google Android's Pixel phone is not for everyone since they don't have MicroSD expandable storage. The iPhone and Google Pixel phone are also designed mainly for home users, and may not be suitable for Business and Government users who care a lot about security, privacy, and reliability.

Other Android phones companies like Samsung sometimes explode, catch fire, and have security problems because they come bundled with apps with security problems, or Samsung never updates the operating system, and their own bundled apps to fix security problems. Older versions of Samsung TouchWiz user interface app is known for slowing down Android.

Buying a phone from Samsung is not a good idea because the boss of Samsung got arrested for corruption and bribery.

I thought blackberry shut down?

Blackberry stop making newer versions of the Blackberry Operating System, and older Blackberry-only phones like the Blackberry Classic, Passport, and Q10.

Blackberry is now making Blackberry phones with Google Android installed on them, so people can use more Apps and games from the Google Play store. The Blackberry Priv, Dtek50, Dtek60, Keynote all use Android as the Phone's OS.

Blackberry also still makes apps, software, and the QNX operating system. Blackberry makes popular security and communication apps like Blackberry Messenger, Blackberry Server, and QNX.

Blackberry QNX is used as car computer operating system for more expensive cars with a in-car touchscreens/monitors for controlling the radio, heating, and entertainment systems.

Back