Team Fortress 2 Mann VS. Machine

Lord Regal

Awards
Credits
So, for those of us that play TF2, we know that Valve released a new Co-op mode...Mann VS. Machine. What are your thoughts on it, both the fact that for the bonuses you have to buy tickets and the mode itself? Like, dislike? For me, I don't like having to buy Tour of Duty Tickets for Mann Up mode, but I love the challenge of the game itself...just be sure to bring friends you know, because there's a lot of idiots out there who don't know how to successfully play MVM. Mann Up mode doesn't have as many annoying people as Boot Camp, but they do exist. The added challenge also makes Mann Up better in my opinion.

Another reason I like Mann Up mode more than Boot Camp: The botkiller weapons. Finished my first Tour of Duty yesterday, got this sucker:

med_gallery_561_116_79001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, still have yet to finish my first tour of duty. All i would ever want is a Strange Gold Botkiller Rocket Launcher. I don't care if it would reset my kills, i would love it.

Edit: If for some reason anyone wants to help me or add me for the hell of it, add this person.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadooth/

Been thinking about getting TF2, but not really sure. I personally don't like 1st-person shooters, but minecfraft is fine
huh.gif
It's free though, so I'll probably buy it sometime. Plus this addon makes me want to get it more..

Been thinking about getting TF2, but not really sure. I personally don't like 1st-person shooters, but minecfraft is fine
huh.gif
It's free though, so I'll probably buy it sometime. Plus this addon makes me want to get it more..
You should, dude. You have the choice to buy items to become premium any time you'd like, but you need a Tour of Duty ticket (which is about 1 dollar) to play Mann Up to get one of these awesome items Regal got.
Otherwise, it's really fun. Add me using the link above and we can chat and stuff.

huh.gif
You should, dude. You have the choice to buy items to become premium any time you'd like, but you need a Tour of Duty ticket (which is about 1 dollar) to play Mann Up to get one of these awesome items Regal got.
Otherwise, it's really fun. Add me using the link above and we can chat and stuff.
Is the Tour of Duty ticket needed to play Mann VS. Machine?

I also don't know how to add you on steam, but here is my profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fillfall
huh.gif

huh.gif
Is the Tour of Duty ticket needed to play Mann VS. Machine?

I also don't know how to add you on steam, but here is my profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fillfall
huh.gif
No, you don't need the Tour of Duty ticket to play. It only forces you to play the advanced missions and gives you a good drop when you beat one.
Otherwise you can play all missions.

I like playing as Scout for MvM mode. Money from bots is sort of "attracted" to him, so he can pick it up really quickly. You also get healed (or overhealed if you're at full health) for collecting money! I usually upgrade my speed first so I can zip around the bots, picking up money and getting health. It's really fun!

I still haven't played Mann Up mode... but I traded for the Robot Running Man.
wink.gif

Just to clear up the comments from above:

There are two halves to Mann VS. Machine: Boot Camp and Mann Up. Boot Camp is totally free, with easier missions (though most of the hard Mann Up ones are there too) and no rewards aside from random drops (like every other game mode in TF2). Mann Up requires a Tour of Duty Ticket (99 cents) to play, where you get a guaranteed normal item after each successfully completed round, and if anyone used a Surplus Voucher ($1.99) you get an extra normal item. Every time you SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE a round, you lose a Tour of Duty Ticket. Thus, to complete the Tour of Duty, you need 6 tickets (costing about $6 by the end). Upon completion of the entire Tour of Duty, you obtain a strange botkiller weapon, most likely silver (Gold is a 15% chance), your Tour of Duty progress is reset, and you can do it all again for more weapons and botkiller stuff...for more tickets. If you have completed a mission without finishing the entire Tour of Duty, you can play it again (with a ticket in your possession) and not lose the ticket upon completion. Once the entire Tour is finished though, every mission will consume a Ticket the first time you complete it.

Oh, one last thing. Upon completion of your first MVM mission, be it Boot Camp or Mann Up, you get a canteen, which, when put in your action slot, can be used within MVM to give you certain abilities...so long as you use some of the credit collected to buy it between waves (rather than character/weapon powerups). There's 5 second individual Ubercharge, 5 second guaranteed crits, ammo refill, Engi building upgrade, and teleport to spawn (for last minute defenses) The canteen can hold up to three charges of a single option.

Downloaded it along with MvM yesterday and it is absolutely wonderful!
You got lots to learn about. You'll probably be killed by spies alot lol
Only like twice so far, and I've done like 7 matches.. I prefer being spy or sniper anyways so..
Just don't let your personal preference take control of what class you are at the cost of your team. I'm good to different extents with every class except scout. My personal favorites are Soldier, Pyro, and Engineer, but if all of those classes have a couple, I'll switch to something else. I enjoy Medic, so long as my team knows how to protect me, I'll switch to one if we need one badly...sniper and spy I do if one or two people are killing everyone, so I can keep them out of commision. Heavy I do when we need a ton of extra firepower on the team, and demoman I go when we need a certain area to be inaccessible, using stickies. Scout, never ask me to do...no, not even then.

Downloaded it along with MvM yesterday and it is absolutely wonderful!
You got lots to learn about. You'll probably be killed by spies alot lol
Only like twice so far, and I've done like 7 matches.. I prefer being spy or sniper anyways so..

Sniper's a good class for people who are used to CoD... or point-n-click adventure games.
Heavy is also pretty good in mvm, he can easily kill all the bots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmiGMpkxi0

So, I was thinking about a new MMO, and Team Fortess came into my mind, so, can you enjoy the game without paying a dime? I mean, it's forcing me to pay 6 dollars to get an item.

So, I was thinking about a new MMO, and Team Fortess came into my mind, so, can you enjoy the game without paying a dime? I mean, it's forcing me to pay 6 dollars to get an item.
5 dollars to be correct. I believe the game's still enjoyable when free to play. You'll just be highly limited in drops and backpack space. Believe me though, it's worth trying out if your interested in becoming premium by buying an item from the store. That is, if you like the game haha.

Just an update on my personal trek through MVM...just completed my second Tour of Duty...received the GOLD botkiller Minigun...I'm just on fire with the rare junk! I'll put up a pic when I can...screenshots weren't working right for me tonight...

I started playing TF2 recently when I got my new computer and the Mann vs Machine update was already out at the time.

Luckily enough a kind fellow traded me a couple of items to start me off. I'm pretty good as Pyro,Engie or Heavy.

I actually got a Natacsha and Brass Beast for free from a couple of MVM games. I was using a Huo-Long Heater and one guy offered a spare Natascha. Another game someone had a spare Brass Beast they offered to me because we needed extra damage.

These were all on Mann Up mode,so that might explain why they were so damned cool.

But yeah,if you ever need a Engie,a Pyro,or a Heavy,I'm here to call.

1,2,3,4 I Got Ice Hair is my Steam ID.

Back