Tech and the Gaming World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just post in the board that better suits the main focus of the topic subject. And I'll move this to the help board.

Oh that too...
I did ask in my OP though: if you thought tech made games better or not?

I think you didn't read all my post eh, Skeith?

At the same time asking mods for help...
I did also open a debate question
about Gaming vs High tech?

Maybe, I should have made another
thread (about Gaming vs High tech) as this could be confusing
to you...?

I feel tech make games better since now we have motion controls, singing games, HD quality tripple AAA games with realistic graphics, and sound.

But, now games seem to be less affordable, or not becoming more affordable where more people can buy them because the cost of making video games like Grand Theft Auto V, Tomb Raider, etc costs many millions to make because of the nice graphics, realistic sound, voices, and cool cut scenes/movies in the game, so the game companies will price their games at $60.

Consoles like the Xbox One, PS4, and Steambox has a lot of tech in them, but they are still not very affordable to people like kids, teens, and poorer young adults who can't afford $400-700 consoles with better tech like faster parts, bigger hard drive, better graphics, and sound.

Demon_Skeith said:
the debate question could be more clear, feel free to make another topic.
Where exactly or (which sub-forum exactly?) Gaming or tech for this kind of threads? (2
topics in 1...)?

Money factor aside, do you think tech has made
gaming better or worse?

Tech has made games much better over the years. All you need to do is look at the ZX Spectrum and then look at the Xbox One/PS4. But froggy is right, it's also made things worse in terms of affordability.

So really it depends on what your question relates to when you say has it made gaming worse?

Gaming as in gameplay and the experience of gaming, or the cost of gaming etc.

I think I just face palm so hard right now I cracked my eye glasses and my nearby window.

Point to the question at hand, if it's a debate, goes in debate forum. If it has two subjects that fit two different boards  that it fits in then just pick one. I'm not really picky on that but you do need to make the main point clear.

Where should this be eh...?
Since I wanna talk about
Gaming & tech
did tech improve it or made it
worse...?
this is a unclear point. If I did this in any of my English classes my teachers would have taken a 2X4 upside my head as the class laughed on at it.

Good way of posting:

Something to talk about, do you think technology has made gaming better or worse over the years?

Demon_Skeith said:
I think I just face palm so hard right now I cracked my eye glasses and my nearby window.

Point to the question at hand, if it's a debate, goes in debate forum. If it has two subjects that fit two different boards  that it fits in then just pick one. I'm not really picky on that but you do need to make the main point clear.

this is a unclear point. If I did this in any of my English classes my teachers would have taken a 2X4 upside my head as the class laughed on at it.

Good way of posting:
Yes, that's exactly why I've asked in
which sub-forum I
should post for topics like these...?
But yes, question solved. But, perhaps
there could be a "Gaming debates" section for topics such like these...?

Since my question really is this:

Would you say high-tech made games better or not on the whole...?

How are you seeing this yourself as a
player (gaming vs high-
tech)?

Do you like it (or not) when high tech
stuff (E.G
advanced graphic sound cards, tech music) is used to make games or consoles...?

Or are you seeing high-technology as a good or bad thing for gaming/games/consoles in general (from your personal experiences with high-tech gaming...)?

And I'm not saying it is, Gamer... just
saying it could make it worse,
as I myself do not like high-tech games.

And it did come out a bit unclear yes...
I could have made it more precise you're
right...

Questions about where to post are just best done via PM, then threads won't get messy like this one.

Anyway, this is a simple one, because the topic is about gaming specifically. You aren't asking about tech, you're asking if gaming has changed due to it, so really it's a gaming related topic because you are basically asking how gaming has evolved over the years. Understand?

Why do you not like high-tech games? What is it you don't like about them?

I feel like 3D games got worse
I used to play Tomb Raider games, now it is just a stupid game engine
The developers don't care about games made from scratch anymore

I agree 3D games are not as exciting like they once were because a lot of the games are re-hashes of games from the past like most racing games are pretty much the same except for better graphics.

I think game makers like Minecraft who make games for PC, and Alternative Consoles like Ouya, Steam Box, etc may more likely try new things in games to make them different from the many games which are already out.

More affordable tech found in the Ouya, Gamestick, and PC may make it easier for new game makers to create games to sell or share since they don't need to buy Developer consoles from Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo to start making games like the past.

froggyboy604 said:
I agree 3D games are not as exciting like they once were because a lot of the games are re-hashes of games from the past like most racing games are pretty much the same except for better graphics.

I think game makers like Minecraft who make games for PC, and Alternative Consoles like Ouya, Steam Box, etc may more likely try new things in games to make them different from the many games which are already out.

More affordable tech found in the Ouya, Gamestick, and PC may make it easier for new game makers to create games to sell or share since they don't need to buy Developer consoles from Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo to start making games like the past.
Oh yes I agree, but not only asking about 3D, but also other possible high-tech gaming devices you'd like to see as a player in games/consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back