Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
By now I'd think people would do online transactions in a public area. All this for a gaming console. This is sad :/

Well, they say that drugs were involved, and when people on drugs have guns nothing good can come out of it...
I've never used drugs before, but I bet the person would be smart enough not to take out a gun in a public place.

I have a feeling some law will be passed for online transactions like these soon. This isn't the first time someone got killed for something like this and it most likely wouldn't be the last.

It is sad that he got killed by trying to sell a Xbox.

I think people should stick to using sites like eBay, and Amazon Marketplace where the buyer and seller don't need to meet in person which can be very dangerous if one of the people are high on drugs like in this article where the killer was high, or drunk from drinking too much alcohol.

You're right. That makes it dangerous only for the delivery man...

In Canada, many big packages are delivered to the post office for people to pick up after showing their ID card like a Drivers License with the correct address to your home. But, the post office workers could still be in danger, but I think it is less likely someone will assault someone at the post office because there are other workers at the post office.

Sad that this has happened, but not surprising. Think a few similar cases popped up in the UK, a while back. Not with guns obviously, but still fatal.

This is why you don't do business with strange people on your own. You do your best to anticipate anything that can happen. You are responsible for your safety. All jokes aside R.I.P. Miguel.

This awful killing seems so arbitrary, Rest in Peace for this kid with a future ahead crumbled by a pair of psychopaths. This is the problem with trusting people too soon, probably the damn bastard didn't have any kind of reputation when contacted the kid.

Pretty sad to hear about this. Does make you think twice about doing online in-person exchanges. Should always have a friend with you and at a public place.

People should use logic when sell things or do any other things for that matter. Selling stuff using mailing service is the way to go, and I have always been doing just that whether I sell the stuff on Ebay or on Amazon. If somehow both seller and the buyer are living in the same area and decide to do the transaction in person, the only meeting place should be in a public place with a lot of people.

Then again, killing over a gaming console is ridiculous. Even the bank robbers do not really want to have unnecessary trouble.

Man, this is really crazy, that's why I am low key scared of exchanges with a person that I'm not familiar with, you never know how are they going to react or what they give to you it's in a good state or not. It makes me really sad that the boy's life was taken away just buy a console... I really hope that the other guy gets what he deserves.

Stories like this are becoming way too common. People need to be more careful when they're meeting people that they only know from the internet. It's like since the internet has become a bigger part of everyone's lives, everyone has forgotten the rule about always bringing someone with you and to only meet in a public place.

The only way to really avoid this type of stuff from happening is by educating kids to avoid making sales without the presence and consent of a parent and in a public area. I used to sell a lot of stuff via classified ads as a kid and I always avoided shady people and meeting in secluded areas. Its safer and more comforting for the other person to meet in a public area. Its only logical.

I find it sad that things like this still happen and a lot of the time it's because they are not educated enough to know that it's better to go with someone and meet up in a public place to do the deal. I personally would never sell something face to face without having someone with me and being in public, it's just too dangerous :/

I like playing video games but I would never kill someone over a video game or gaming console. Use too, you had to have a considerable amount of money in your pocket before someone considered mugging you but now people will mug you for the change in your pocket. It just seems like more people are getting desperate and willing to mug you and/or kill you for very little and it's sad that some people are willing to reduce a human life to that point.

That just makes me angry! What is hapening to people whne greed can overtake them so much to take life over material stuff... Sure material is so important, but man life is above all and always.

It's just a game. For people to kill over it is unforgivable. If you need money, get a job. Don't go robbing kids of their property and then killing them afterwards. It's just sick. This is why I don't sell my stuff. Lots of weirdos and troubled people online who would take the easy route to get a better foothold at life.

Old thread, but I heard about this article when the story originally broke.

I never have and never will understand these kinds of stories. The thought of getting so enraged or mad with someone regarding gaming seems rather stupid. Don't get me wrong, gaming plays a major part in my life. But I could never see myself attempting to rob someone for their console all because I can't afford it.

However, this isn't the first case I've heard of gaming, in general, leading to murder. Last year a teen was arrested for homicide after shooting his friend over Madden NFL gameplay. Something about this needs to be done, even though I'm not sure what...

Back