Tekken 6

Tekken 6

Discussion in 'Video Game Discussion' started by luispas, Jun 19, 2017.

Tekken 6
Rating:
5.00/5,
1 vote
Tekken 6 (鉄拳6?) is a fighting game developed and published by Bandai Namco Games. It is the seventh main installment in the Tekken franchise. It was released in Japanese arcades on November 26, 2007 as the first game running on the PlayStation 3-based System 357 arcade board.[4] The game received an update, subtitled Bloodline Rebellion, a year later. A home version based on the update was released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 27, 2009 and for PlayStation Portable on November 24, 2009. The game was initially planned as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, until an Xbox 360 port was announced alongside it on October 8, 2008.[5] This game can be digitally downloaded via PlayStation Store to play on PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita. It is the first Tekken game to include multi-tiered stages and bound system, and the first game to be released multiplatform. The game received generally positive reviews, especially the PSP version, which got an 82.60% from GameRankings and 82/100 from Metacritic.

A non-canonical sequel Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was released in 2012. Tekken 7, the game's canon sequel, was released in Japanese arcades on March 18, 2015.
Players: N/A
Co-op: No
Genre: Fighting
Release Date:
  1. luispas

luispas Active Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $494
    The Tekken games are always the best, with this stronger characters. The game itself has a lot of personality.
    I loved playing this with my friends, one of them had a Xbox 360 and we played it a lot there. We spend hours on it, and when we get bore, we took a rest and then back to Tekken.
    The combat games will always be my favorites.​

2. Dark Young Link

Dark Young Link Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $3,059
    This is the only Tekken game I've ever played and I only played it because my friend was really into Tekken. It was a lot of fun even though I'm trash at 1 on 1 fighting games like these. I know that my main was Alisa because she had a awesome hair and chainsaw arms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. luispas

Male
    Money:
    $494
    Awesome :) I was very talented on Tekken. My favorite one was definitely Lili, I loved her leg moves haha

4. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

I think the last one in this series I played was back on the PS2, so I don't think I played this one.

5. luispas

Male
    Money:
    $494
    Wow, this even have an online mode, you could play with so many people and gain points to unlock clothes for all the characters.

6. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Full GL Member

Male
    Money:
    $2,226
    I played Tekken 3, 5, and 7. I couldn't play 6 since it was exclusive to the Playstation 3/4 I think, and I only had a PC and PS2. Good thing though Tekken 7 (which was released last month) had a story mode that basically summarized the events revolving around the main characters since Tekken 1, so I didn't miss much. I've seen gameplay footage of T6 in local arcades (yes, at the age of PC, these things still exist for some reason) where you have to pay to play each round. That was a terrible rip off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. missionreport

missionreport New Member

Male
    Money:
    $84
    I love playing Mishima simply because nothing about them is simple. Mishimas are the most skill-based playable characters in the game. As opposed to the usual characters who are spammy and very button mashable, to use Kazuya for instance requires a high level of precision and execution because literally, all of his moves are punishable. He doesn't have poke strings and he really leaves himself open if you don't think of your next move. I'm not a big fan of the easier characters like Steve for instance,whom I could win matches without knowing a single move on his command list because all I have to do is button mash 1 + 2.

• Like Like x 1
  8. luispas

Male
    Money:
    $494
    What a shame, this was a great game that I hope you could play one day, you will see it's very well done.

I hate when people spam their abilities, that's the most annoying thing :(
    That's why I play with Lili, she has a lot of combos, and when you learn to do them it looks beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
  9. OursIsTheFury

Male
    Money:
    $2,226
    I saw people playing the game in a big screen arcade a few years back. It was just like any other Tekken game to be honest, and most people playing there are only to brag to others that they can afford playing and paying the expensive tokens you have to pay in order to use the game for one round. I didn't touch it because the price was ridiculous. I never really liked the idea of arcade games either. Too expensive. At least with the PC games you can play however long you want.

10. JonathanS

JonathanS New Member

Male
    Money:
    $106
    Probably my favorite game in the Tekken series. Looking back in reflection, Tekken 5 seriously didn't live up to my expectations. The 6th installment, however, was all that and more! Tekken 7 continued this greatness, however, nothing will beat the teen memories of Tekken 6 on Xbox 360! Classic gaming memories with friends that'll last a lifetime!

• Like Like x 1
  11. OursIsTheFury

Male
    Money:
    $2,226
    It's easy to do though. Beginners would just press a button which has an attack that they think is damaging, and here you are trying to pull of different combos and still getting beat because the enemy just won't stop spamming. Sure, you can brag that you know a 10 button combo move that you have practiced for months, but if a spammer can still beat you, then you're doing something wrong.

12. luispas

Male
    Money:
    $494
    I got you point, as you say it's easy to beat a new player, even when they spam their abilities you can avoid it and find another way to win. I was saying that it's boring to play with people who only press Square and Triangle, because my friends sometimes do that just to mess up with me.

13. BeardedMamba

BeardedMamba New Member

Male
    This is my favorite Tekken. I spent a lot of time learning combos of Lily, Steve and Hwoarang. I stopped playing for a while since it became repetitive. It's about who can execute the combo first. I hope they bring back the Beach Ball Tekken.