Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Back when Street Fighter x Tekken was unveiled in 2010, the announcement contained one note that many people have forgotten: Namco said it would be developing its own version of the game, Tekken x Street Fighter. While Street Fighter x Tekken is developed by Capcom and puts Tekken characters into the 2D style of Street Fighter, Tekken x Street Fighter would do the opposite, incorporating Street Fighter characters into Tekken’s universe and adding 3D combat arenas.

Two years later, we’ve hardly heard a thing about Tekken x Street Fighter -- minus some hand-drawn artwork tweeted by producer Katsuhiro Harada late last year -- causing many to speculate that the game may have moved to next-gen consoles. In a new interview, Hirada says that isn’t the case, as Namco is still targeting current hardware.

"There's still a large number of players out there with a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 who are looking forward to the game," Harada told Eurogamer, "so we feel it's probably more relevant to get the title out to them on the current hardware. We're not completely sure, but that's the direction at this moment."

More here

Okay, so they made Street Fighter x Tekken, and are making Tekken x Street Fighter? Why not just make a 2 disc game? Seriously, I hate Crapcom. I am reluctant to buy any of their products ever again.

Okay, so they made Street Fighter x Tekken, and are making Tekken x Street Fighter? Why not just make a 2 disc game? Seriously, I hate Crapcom. I am reluctant to buy any of their products ever again.

SF X tekken is made by capcom

Tekken X SF is made by namco and should play better than SF X Tekken.

Tekken X SF is made by namco and should play better than SF X Tekken.

I feel the exact same way.

As a HUGE Tekken fan and a long time supporter of Namco and their products, I really do get the feeling that their attempt at this is going to be the better one.

For 1, the customization in Streetfighter x Tekken was pretty "minimal" in scale while the Tekken series has a MAJOR advantage in that department since Namco has always been willing to give the players a good customization option.

Also the Tekken series has appeal of seeing Street Fighter characters on a full 3.D playing field which is something that has not been done before and a lot of people would love to see (I personally can't wait to see how Ryu's Haudouken translates in the full 3.D realm).

So I must say that I am really looking forward to Namco's attempt and am definitely expecting it to be a better experiance than Capcom attempt.

Let's just hope for the game before thinking about what is in it. lol

I have no doubt that the game is going to be released.

it was 10% complete back in April and I have never seen namco cancel a game.

As I said earlier, I've been a longtime supporter of Namco and I have faith that the game will be released.

People need to remember that they are still working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 at the moment which is said to be their most ambitious tekken title to date with a much bigger character roster,much bigger customization options,and even making each and every character speak their native language.

A lot of work is going into that game so its understandable why we have not heard much on Tekken x Streetfighter.

Back