Terraria game nights

Snapcha

Full GL Member
Credits
Hello everyone,

Serverstatus: Discontinued.

There has been a lack of community interest in the past few weeks. The server files are in storage untill further notice. They will be maintained untill 01-01-2014. If after that time no community activity has returned the files will be deleted. If you do have interest in restarting the server and it's gameweeks please leave a post in this topic or sent me a PM. I will then host the server again and continue. However it is a waste of my resources when no one uses it.

Last edited by a moderator:
First collective game night will take place at 22 of november.

Please let me know which time everyone can be at the crime scene to advance the game.

After this gamenight:
- Everything up to the dungeon is allowed to be done
- Increase of maximum healt and armor.
- The next game night will be the collective defeat of the dungeon gaurdian.

:). We are getting closer.

Well I think when it's 8pm for you, it's 9am for me the next day, so I could Terraria it up with you all throughout the night (well, night for you, day for me). A weekend would most likely suit well for me (Saturday, Sunday), which will typically be a Friday or Saturday night for anybody from your timezone or near it. I can't promise I'd be the best Terraria player but I'll sign up anyhow.

When it's 8 pm for you, it's well 8pm for me,so I guess it should work out most of the time..

I just worked it out a bit... And I have no chance in heck, and neither does Dan.

I'm +8 hours. Your time mathizel is currently 4 PM. Mine is currently 10 PM. If you plan on hosting at 8 PM tonight, four hours from now, that's 2 AM for me. Dan is 2 hours in front of me, making it 4 AM for him. So sadly, unless Dan gets up REALLY early, we can't make it.

I thought Dan was immortal and had no need for sleep.
Maybe you should make the game night a bit earlier, perhaps 5 hours earlier.

EDIT: I can join you, 20:00 in +1 UTC is just 1 hour and 20 minutes away, right?

I thought Dan was immortal and had no need for sleep.
Maybe you should make the game night a bit earlier, perhaps 5 hours earlier.

EDIT: I can join you, 20:00 in +1 UTC is just 1 hour and 20 minutes away, right?
1 hour is probably more right.

Wow great response suddenly. Good to read. Well to tell you guys the truth I've puth a lot of thought in this. And I want the server to be up 24/5 so whe can create something awesome, then on set times we go on a boss killing spree for like 2/3 hours togheter, which will be an absolute funny masacre. But we go on untill everyone has a full set of armor. The rest of the time we collect stuff and have goals untill the next boss batle (for example for the first fight against the eye maximum allowed is gold armor and 200 hp.) So timezones mostly will not be a problem because you can be online from monday (somethimes sunday evening) trough friday mornin 08:00 my time and i'll leave a message in the first post about when the server is online. Tell me what you think of this, but for now! testing!

I just worked it out a bit... And I have no chance in heck, and neither does Dan.

I'm +8 hours. Your time mathizel is currently 4 PM. Mine is currently 10 PM. If you plan on hosting at 8 PM tonight, four hours from now, that's 2 AM for me. Dan is 2 hours in front of me, making it 4 AM for him. So sadly, unless Dan gets up REALLY early, we can't make it.

Tonight is only for testing the server though
smile.gif
. Rest of the time te server will be available to everyone

Erm, if you guys still want to play/test..
Sorry, was busy for a few minutes, hope I'm not TOO late.

YES SPOONY, DOUBLE POST, I GET IT, FFS.

That was fun, even if it was just to test the server.

I'll see you guys next time
biggrin.gif
:grin:

Okay yeah, got my times wrong. I think it'll be 5am when it's 8pm for you. Potential other times include...

Midday for you, which is 9pm for me. But if you're getting a server where we can just jump on in and muck about, and only meet up every so often, then that's amazingly awesome and I thank you so much for putting in the effort!

Okay yeah, got my times wrong. I think it'll be 5am when it's 8pm for you. Potential other times include...

Midday for you, which is 9pm for me. But if you're getting a server where we can just jump on in and muck about, and only meet up every so often, then that's amazingly awesome and I thank you so much for putting in the effort!

Agreed. If you plan on leaving the server up and running I'll jump in with Dan from time to time and proceed to destroy Dan's house if he writes the word "shit" on mine again. Or jump in by myself and build/look for Ores.

I do believe I have a spare character slot to use, so I'm pretty much good to go. It won't take us long to get to it anyways, we could Skype chat with whomever's on if wanted. Only thing I will suggest is perhaps use the Large world setting considering the amount of people here wanting to play. Yes, Ores will be harder to find, but there's more room to build and explore that way. If you aren't already doing that, that is.

Agreed. If you plan on leaving the server up and running I'll jump in with Dan from time to time and proceed to destroy Dan's house if he writes the word "shit" on mine again. Or jump in by myself and build/look for Ores.

I do believe I have a spare character slot to use, so I'm pretty much good to go. It won't take us long to get to it anyways, we could Skype chat with whomever's on if wanted. Only thing I will suggest is perhaps use the Large world setting considering the amount of people here wanting to play. Yes, Ores will be harder to find, but there's more room to build and explore that way. If you aren't already doing that, that is.

Already got ya covered mate
wink.gif
. I am happy to say we use a large world and there was nog a single moment of lag yesterday, while stresstesting the server. I had a group skype video call with 5 people, two guys and me on the running server. and downloading LoL. So the bandwith assignment seems to be a succes
smile.gif
. Tonight one last test and then, be ready for the launch
biggrin.gif

OK, sounds like a good plan to me. So long as it doesn't lag too much I'm fine, heh. If it's not your PC or internet that makes it lag then I'll know that it's possibly me.

Anyway, good luck with the test! Once it's running, don't forget to give us any codes we require to play the game (Hamachi, world password, etc).

OK, sounds like a good plan to me. So long as it doesn't lag too much I'm fine, heh. If it's not your PC or internet that makes it lag then I'll know that it's possibly me.

Anyway, good luck with the test! Once it's running, don't forget to give us any codes we require to play the game (Hamachi, world password, etc).

I think because it's a server you don't need Hamachi to create a network. But yeah, sounds ultra good!

I think because it's a server you don't need Hamachi to create a network. But yeah, sounds ultra good!
It's not using hamachi, but the dedicated TerrariaServer.exe program. I know the ip and such, but he has requested me to not post it so everyone can see it. I guess you'll just have to wait till he pms it to you..

Donnot worry, upcoming monday I will send you two a message with the IP and such. It indeed is the terrariaServer.exe with currently a maximum of 20 players. Maybe later on I am switching to another program which fillfall suggested because of extra capabilities and such.

Back