TF2 and Valve: direct upgrades

re11ding

The Sage of Noodles
Awards
Credits
Direct upgrades from stock weapons are getting nerfed and/or and are going to be nerfed. Direct upgrades such as the equalizer are being nerfed to their non-useful attributes.
Demo Knight has already been nerfed with the limit in health gained from dropped weapons using the Persian persuader.
The equalizer will soon lose its useful speed attribute when low on health.
There's a few weapons which need the nerf like the tomislav and the backburner... but those aren't really direct upgrades.
Soon before you know it the Ubersaw's going to disappear. I mean most of the medic melee weapons are direct upgrades. Valve keeps making the game more friendly to F2P players.

Along with purchased hats becoming tradable, soon the only valuable things out there will be keys and unusuals. It seems valve wants to prevent people from wanting to give money to valve to receive premium for item drops. The advantages of having other weapons is disappearing. If there's no point in getting premium by buying from the store since the weapons will be as balanced as stock weapons... then whats the point?

Though hats are still in big demand, I say that valve is making a big mistake here and will lose money for this mistake after a few months of hat purchases...
Valve seems to have never heard the phrase "don't fix what isn't broken" or in this case "don't fix what isn't overpowered".

Though I see your concerns with weapons getting downgraded, I don't really see what the problem is with the hats...

Though I see your concerns with weapons getting downgraded, I don't really see what the problem is with the hats...
There isn't. It's just that hats now become tradable after 3 days of purchase. Because everyone will become satisfied with their hats and other people will trade the hats, and hat values will decrease. The Team Captian's already lowered to the price of 4 refined metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 refined (also known as ref) is made up of 12 reclaimed metal. 12 reclaimed metal is made up of 36 scrap. 36 scrap is made up of 72 weapons. 4 ref = 72 weapons if made manually. Though, the team captain hat was originally worth 8 ref 2 days before the Manniversary update. It was once an expensive hat that now dropped in price by half. it's still a lot of metal to people that normally can't afford ref, but to many others... it's very cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
Back