• Paper Mario Sticker Star

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Out of the two Mario RPGs on the 3DS, which do you think is best and why?

For me, it's definitely Dream Team all the way. Say what you like about Sticker Star's plot and puzzle design, Dream Team is simply a far better designed game, and just has much more charm in it.

What one do you think is best?

Without a doubt, it's Dream Team...As much as I want to like Sticker Star. The gameplay changes made during development cannot be forgiven in such a game.

I've never played Dream Team, since I've still yet to play Bowser's Inside Story, so I guess I'll say Paper Mario Sticker Star. Though to be honest, Dream Team doesn't seem fun either so even when I do play it, it may be a close call.

I'm gonna say Sticker Star since it wasn't as boring as Dream Team , I liked it's graphical style more and I like Sticker Star's music more

For me, it's definitely Dream Team all the way.  Say what you like about Sticker Star's plot and puzzle design, Dream Team is simply a far better designed game, and just has much more charm in it.

This topic is completely faulty from the title alone. Sticker Star is not an RPG by any means. It doesn't even have an experience point level-up system. It is a "Platforming Adventure Game" like the original Zelda if it were a platformer.

Unlike the first two Paper Mario games which have a turn-based battle system, Sticker Star does not have Flower Points, Star Points, Experience Points, Badges, or Items. Mario also has no partners to battle by his side (with the exception of Kersti at some points).

That sums it up best.

And before anyone says "Nintendo classifies it as an RPG, though!" I bid you go to the 3DS' e-Shop and do a search using "RPG" as a keyword in the selected "genre" option... it comes up with stupid crap like puzzle games and other things that are completely far away from being an RPG (like calling the original Tetris an RPG or the card game Solitaire an RPG for example).. Nintendo doesn't even understand genres correctly.

Well, I did like both Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, but I would have to say Dream Team was better.

For me, it's definitely Dream Team all the way. Say what you like about Sticker Star's plot and puzzle design, Dream Team is simply a far better designed game, and just has much more charm in it.

This topic is completely faulty from the title alone. Sticker Star is not an RPG by any means. It doesn't even have an experience point level-up system. It is a "Platforming Adventure Game" like the original Zelda if it were a platformer.

Unlike the first two Paper Mario games which have a turn-based battle system, Sticker Star does not have Flower Points, Star Points, Experience Points, Badges, or Items. Mario also has no partners to battle by his side (with the exception of Kersti at some points).

That sums it up best.

And before anyone says "Nintendo classifies it as an RPG, though!" I bid you go to the 3DS' e-Shop and do a search using "RPG" as a keyword in the selected "genre" option... it comes up with stupid crap like puzzle games and other things that are completely far away from being an RPG (like calling the original Tetris an RPG or the card game Solitaire an RPG for example).. Nintendo doesn't even understand genres correctly.

Perhaps. But it's a sequel to an RPG series that's been running about 10 or so years, and has much the same setup as one.

Of course, if you're going by that kind of strict labelling, much of Dream Team isn't an RPG either, It's a platformer/adventure game hybrid with RPG elements. Or whatever the hell this is:

For me, it's definitely Dream Team all the way.  Say what you like about Sticker Star's plot and puzzle design, Dream Team is simply a far better designed game, and just has much more charm in it.

That sums it up best.

Perhaps.  But it's a sequel to an RPG series that's been running about 10 or so years, and has much the same setup as one.

Of course, if you're going by that kind of strict labelling, much of Dream Team isn't an RPG either,  It's a platformer/adventure game hybrid with RPG elements.  Or whatever the hell this is:

Dream Team has EXP, a level system, HP, and BP... how is it not an RPG? You mean because of the mini-game-like boss battles and such?

No, Sticker star is not a sequel - it is a spiritual successor. Paper Mario was a sequel to Mario RPG, but after that they are all spiritual successors as to be a sequel the stories have to adjoin in some manner. Sticker star is treading the line to even being a spin-off, truth be told, since it shares almost nothing but visual resemblance to its predecessors.

Back