Other The China-US Trade War Could Increase Game Hardware Prices

cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Just Read from Kotaku on it:

The Trump administration has plans to tax all Chinese-made clothes and electronics imported into the US. Those taxes would be passed onto the consumer in the form of price hikes.

As Nikkei notes, Trump’s plan would see a 25 percent tax on the Nintendo Switch in the US, where around forty percent of all Switches are sold. This tax would lead to a more expensive product.

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa is quoted as saying, “The effect on business is huge, so we are closely watching what happens next.”

Monika

Full GL Member
Credits
Just Read from Kotaku on it:

The Trump administration has plans to tax all Chinese-made clothes and electronics imported into the US. Those taxes would be passed onto the consumer in the form of price hikes.

As Nikkei notes, Trump’s plan would see a 25 percent tax on the Nintendo Switch in the US, where around forty percent of all Switches are sold. This tax would lead to a more expensive product.

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa is quoted as saying, “The effect on business is huge, so we are closely watching what happens next.”
It started from the Huawei and now we are here :D

Reactions: cm2

cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Next time I see a trump voter, I'm punching them in the face, I don't care where I am or what I am doing, they are getting an ass kicking.
Yakuza MC, Kiryu's Dragon Kick!

Last edited:

froggyboy604

Staff member
Credits
This is unfortunate news for gamers who plan to get gaming hardware. I wonder if this trade war will cause gaming companies like Microsoft to build more of their game consoles, and game console parts like CPU and RAM in America to avoid expensive Trade Wars.

cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Just read from The Wall Street Journal, Nintendo is shifting some production of its Switch videogame console to Southeast Asia from China to limit the impact of possible U.S. tariffs on Chinese-made electronics. A Nintendo spokesperson told the WSJ that the console is now mostly made in China, and said the platform holder always explores new options for where it can manufactures its games and consoles.

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Just read from The Wall Street Journal, Nintendo is shifting some production of its Switch videogame console to Southeast Asia from China to limit the impact of possible U.S. tariffs on Chinese-made electronics. A Nintendo spokesperson told the WSJ that the console is now mostly made in China, and said the platform holder always explores new options for where it can manufactures its games and consoles.
do what you got to do.

Artisan Vistra

Everyone's Rival
Full GL Member
Credits
Good thing I got it early then. No need to worry. Hopefully games won't cost more. They hardly have big Switch game discounts on the ones I want anyway.

cm2

Full GL Member
Credits
Read some more from Reuters:

Nintendo plans to shift part of the production of its Switch gaming console to Vietnam from China to diversify manufacturing sites, a spokeswoman at the Japanese video game maker told Reuters on Tuesday.

The move would make Nintendo the latest company to relocate production out of China amid a Sino-U.S. trade war punctuated by tit-for-tat import tariffs spanning industries. Nintendo, which outsources almost all Switch console production to contract manufacturers in China, plans to make the partial shift to Vietnam this summer, the spokeswoman said.

The shift is aimed at diversifying risks and not to escape the impact of potential tariff hikes by Washington on products imported to the United States from China, the spokeswoman added.

kingcool52

Avid Gamer
Full GL Member
Credits
Crazy that a little spat between a president and another country ruins it for the people. But then again, it's Trump so it's expected really. Can't wait to see what or who he tries to start a war with next