The Denpa Men(demo) 3DS

DampeThePoeHunter

Elite Baka
Awards
Credits
The Denpa men (Demo) recently came out to the 3DS eShop. The release date of the full version is 9/27/2012. Now let's begin this review!

Now some people wonder, what exactly is a "Denpa men?" Well apparently they are people who live around radio waves. They've claimed your 3DS as their terriorty and now it's up to you to help them out! There's two different kinds of Denpa men. One's with antennas and one's without antennas. The one's with antennas have abilities to help out the team in battles. Such as:) Revive, Tiny Heal, etc.

Story:
A fellow Denpa man has been captured by the "King of Evil." It's up to you and the Denpa men you come aross to successfully rescue him.

Gameplay:
The Denpa men uses the 3DS camrea feature to capture Denpa men in the
Antenna Tower. You'll have to move your system around in order to locate and capture a Denpa men. You shoot them what appears to be a web. Once successful in capturing one you can use it to aid you on your quest. You can always come back to the Antenna Tower, but if you're wanting the previous Denpa man that fainted in battle. You'll have to go to the "Spirit Shrine." It's a little annoying when you find yourself going back constantly. One thing that I noticed is that the "radio waves" you have to be around to find the Denpa men is activated by the wifi switch. Be sure to have that on.
The battles play out just like an RPG. The thing that stands out to me the most is that you can have all the Denpa men attack one foe Simultaneously.

When you get farther in the game more features will become available to you in the islands. Including: buildings, shops, a dock, and many more.

Overall I'd give this game(demo) a 7/10. There could've been newer things introduced that I never seen in previous games.

Nice, but you are lacking several things. Why a 7? What are the pros and the cons that led you to that conclusion?

I thought that the simplistic aspect of this game is its strongest. Anyone can enjoy playing it, is easy to understand and the full version seems like it will have lots of team customization in the later dungeons.

Do you knew that the antennas, colors, size, shape and head shape all give each Denpa Men different stats, strengths and weaknesses?

ok, this was not an in depth review.. even if the game looks like some sketchy japanese game

it was not in depth but i found it helpful. Thank You Dampe

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you explained the basic concept to me... Kind of makes me want to download the demo.

Back