The Gaming Reinvented V3 Suggestions Thread

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, as you may or may not know, Gaming Reinvented (the site which Gaming Latest gets its gaming news from) is being updated. This update will add a significantly more modern looking theme, improved profiles and various other features to the site, including some that'll hopefully make it feel like a web app rather than a traditional site.

But while it's coming along nicely, I've decided it's only fair to ask the community here what they want to see there, as well as their thoughts on some of the features I've added. So first up, what do you want in a gaming site? What would make a gaming news site your go to source for news and information?

Secondly, if you're interested in posting content, what would make you use a site like Medium.com or WordPress.com or what not over its competitors? What would inspire you to join a platform like this and post content there?

Finally, what are your thoughts on the following features:

1. Night mode/dark mode
2. Twitter style profile posts with likes, retweets, etc
3. Slideshows, card lists, parallax effects, etc that can be used by members in articles
4. Voice commands
5. Auto transcription for articles, where you can have the site read out the content for you
6. Offline article viewing
7. Verification, ala Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc (except automated)
8. Search suggestions
9. User defined filters (like say, only ever view articles by one author, posted between X and Y date, where review copies weren't used)

Either way, your feedback will be vital for updating the site, and will hopefully make it and Gaming Latest the number one place to go for gaming news, discussions, etc.​

1. Requirement!
2. ??
3. I do not understand.
4. Not needed.
5. ???
6. Only useful for very poor people (flip phone is too expensive for very poor people too).
7. Verification of what?
8. Yes.
9. Yes.

1. Requirement!
2. ??
3. I do not understand.
4. Not needed.
5. ???
6. Only useful for very poor people (flip phone is too expensive for very poor people too).
7. Verification of what?
8. Yes.
9. Yes.

2. Fancier article layouts

5. You can have the site read the content for you. This already exists to be honest, since it was easy to add.

2. Can CM30 teach example?
5. Seem handy for native speaker with headphone.

Can ④ and ⑦ be teached too?

Okay, I'll try and explain everything.

For the article layouts, it basically lets them posts slideshows and card lists/screen snapped cards as articles. So if you want to have one of those 'ten best characters in x genre' article, you'd be able to post it there in a slideshow format rather than being limited to a simple text article.

As for voice commands, it's basically a bit like what you can do with Alexa or Google Home, except site specific. So you'd be able to say 'search for Super Smash Bros Ultimate', and it'd do a search for content related to Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Or you'd be able to narrate what you want to say in an article, and have it post that as the article content.

For verification, it's like Google Webmaster Tools. You can prove you own a site or account by uploading a text, and then run your account as the official one for said site or channel. So I'm trying to make it so say, a famous YouTuber can publish articles, and people will be able to know for certain they're the person they say they are. Which is kinda hard to do automatically, but hey.

Could we have the 2 site merged together? Then you can use a bridge to connect your blog with the forum. Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith and I been talking about something else in the background as well CM30 CM30.

Not sure if that would interest you as well.

And yes please for dark theme as well :)

Could we have the 2 site merged together? Then you can use a bridge to connect your blog with the forum. Demon_Skeith Demon_Skeith and I been talking about something else in the background as well CM30 CM30.

Not sure if that would interest you as well.

And yes please for dark theme as well :)

I tried that with the Gaming Reinvented forum, but connecting the two databases together was a hassle and didn't work too well. Maybe it might work better with the new plugin Demon Skeith bought though.

As for the dark theme, it's included already.

Back