The Great War Chronicles.

I'll take whichever side Kirby happens to be on because he's just so darn random. Anyway, nice chapter! Interesting how Pit defeated one of Link's enemies and now must face Link himself! Or will Samus take him on? Or what if Kirby jumps in and steals the sword ability from Link to challenge him?

Random thought, Kirby should copy Higgs. But I'm gonna say Samus should be fighting, as she hasn't done anything in this current little battle scenario yet... just a hunch though... *shifty eyes*

Division Chapter 9- An Unexpected Interloper.
Link charged at the three heroes with his sword drawn, but Pit intercepted him. Link sliced viciously, but Pit blocked with his bow. They were evenly matched, blocking and thrusting at every given opportunity. But then Link caught Pit off balance and thrusted at him with his shield, sending Pit sliding across the floor. Samus staggered to her feet. "You..." she began to say, but her words were lost in the loud rasping noise which now filled the hall. It was like a giant's dying breaths, none of them had heard anything like it. Suddenly, a strange blue box materialised in front of them, in time with the noise. Finally, there was a thump, and the noise stopped.
The heroes and Link looked at the box with a strange sense of awe. It was a bright blue, with the words: 'Police Public Call Box' written across the top.
Without warning, the doors swung inwards, and a man stepped out. He wore an elegant tweed jacket, and perched on top of his head, was an Arabian fez. "Ah. Well... That wasn't supposed to happen..." he said in a tone of slight disappointment. "Sorry everyone! I seem to have... fallen, for want of a better word, into the wrong universe!" Everyone looked at him with utter bemusement. "I shouldn't really be here, seeing as I'm not very, well... Nintendo-y. Well, I suppose, I did appear on the Wii once... And the DS! You know the clam shell thing?!" he opened and closed his hands in the impression of a clam, but after seeing the looks on Samus, Link, Kirby and Pit's face, shoved them in his pockets instead. "Sheesh, all fun and games here. Especially for Mr. Greeny over there. Like the outfit, though green isn't really my colour..." Link was unsure whether to take this as a compliment or an insult, and resorted to shrug instead.
"But, I'd make sure you're a re-" The man said, but Link let out a yell before he could finish. Link charged at the man, sword outstretched. But the man pulled a device from his pocket, no bigger than a pen, and pressed a button. The sword flew out of Link's hand and into this mysterious man's. But Link's momentum carried him forward, and the man, twirling the sword gracefully, ran Link straight through with it. "Allons-y, you fake!" he spat. "Though, I did swear I'd never say that again..."
Link fell to the ground, clutching his chest. But, all the colour drained from him and sunk into the ground. What was left was merely a smokey reflection of Link. Kirby blew on it, and the smoke drifted away.
"Who are you?" asked Samus to the man with the blue box. "Oh, how rude of me, not to introduce myself. I'm the Doctor, and you are?"(Sorry all you Nintendo-devotees, I'm too much of a Whovian to pass up on an opportunity like this!)

Haha, well, that was definitely unexpected. Far off my "Samus fights Link" theory. But to be honest... it actually works in some weird, interesting way.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes now, and how our newcomer (or dare I say, "whocomer" *awful joke) plays a role in this story.

Heh, ooops. Wrong universe, wrong time. Ah well!

Seems like he knows a bit about the world. Especially seeing how he knew about a shadow-y Link.

Division Chapter 10- What the Hell is going on?
Samus introduced herself, Kirby and Pit to the Doctor. "How did you get here?" asked Samus. The Doctor spun on his heel, and pointed at the blue box. "That's my ship, the TARDIS. It travels anywhere in time and space, EXCEPT other universes." He stopped, as if waiting for someone to ask a question. When he realised no-one was going to oblige, he continued. "Well, I was investigating a temporal anomaly in my universe, a place where time wasn't moving right, when I fell here! Smack bang in the middle of the fight! Drawn into the centre of the conflict! A great plot device by the author, I must admit..." he trailed off at the confused looks on everyone's face. "So why can't you get out again, with your ship?" asked Pit. "It's out of order," replied the Doctor. "It's like putting a car in the sea and expecting it to go. Though, Mario and his gang did manage to do that in MK...7?" Pit, Samus and Kirby looked at the ground at the mention of their former comrade. This Doctor man knew a lot, but he obviously didn't know what happened here. The Doctor read the looks on their faces, and swiftly changed the subject. "But, I do think I have something which could help..." he said. He ran into the TARDIS. "O! There we are! O for oranges, yuck... O for Oddities, O for Ocarina! Aha!" He ran back out again. In his hand was a small blue instrument, with three triangles emblazoned on it. "This fell to our universe hundreds of years ago, I picked it up when investigating the Loch Ness monster. Pretty cool eh? It's definitely from one of your worlds, it doesn't give off any normal energy readings. and it's a bit too... pixel-y for my world. So? Who's is it?" he grinned broadly, like a parent giving a child a surprise birthday present. Pit, Samus and Kirby looked to the spot where the Doctor killed the fake Link. "Oh..." said the Doctor. His voice took on a calm tone. "I'm so sorry, I really am, but he was a fake. A tiny piece of the real person was taken, multiplied and held together by a continuos stream of psychic energy running in a thin stream through a reversal flattening..." The others looked at him with raised eyebrows. "Ok, ok. Someone used a bit of voodoo black magic to make a copy, happy?!" The others understood what the Doctor was getting at now. "So... Who's up for a bit of music?!" shouted the Doctor and brought the Ocarina to his lips. "Hold on." he breathed into the Ocarina. Then he whistled six notes, and then there was sudden silence. A flash of lightning appeared to strike them and they disappeared.
They appeared on a vast open desert plain. "This looks like where we were before... Only dead.." said Samus. Suddenly a laugh echoed across the plain. "Welcome heroes! And you too Doctor!" boomed the voice of Evil. "Welcome to the beginning of the End!"

Beginning of the end?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

And to be honest, this story doesn't seem too crazy at all with the new character inclusion, haha. Flows really nicely, so good job! I can tell that you really enjoy writing these stories (or at least that's the vibe I'm getting).

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, oops. That ocarina has a little more magic in it then they realise... (But we get it). Goof chapter, keep 'em coming!

End Chapter 1- The Army of Shadows.
Suddenly, the area around the heroes glowed blue, and the army of Prince Ephraim appeared, along with Fox and Layton. Then the TARDIS appeared, it's door still open. "Dimensional retro-closure" stated the Doctor. "Everyone's in the right place, so someone's closing off all the escape routes..."
The others looked around nervously. They were now at the head of a ten thousand-strong army. Samus spoke up first. "Then we'll give Evil the fight he wants!" Her shout rallied the troops into a cry. At the same time, a lightning bolt ran across the sky, splitting it in two. "Lady Palutena gives us her full support!" cheered Pit. The troops were ecstatic now, with a goddess on their side, this was going to be easy. Only two people remained unmoved by the commotion. The Doctor and Layton looked a little disappointed. "It's quite obviously a trap..." began Layton. "...but why set here? And what for?" finished the Doctor. A sudden look of comprehension dawned on their faces. "Copies!" said Layton at the same time the Doctor shouted "DNA replicates!"
"Jinx!" shouted the Doctor. "But we didn't say the same thing." stated Layton indignantly. "In essence we did" replied the Doctor. "Anyway, Samus, Kirby and Pit, none of you can fight. It's a trap. If Evil gets hold of even the tiniest DNA sample, he could make an army of you..." "But does that mean..." Samus didn't need to finish her question, for Layton answered: "Yes, the other three heroes are going to form the foot soldiers of Evil's army most likely..." "Well, their 'copies' anyway," continued the Doctor. "They won't have enough independent psychic energy to form thoughts, but they'll be very effective soldiers."
This news dampened the spirits of the group. Suddenly a scream was heard from the back of the army. "They're flanking us! Look!" he screamed. Soon the whole army was in mass hysteria. On the left, there was a large group of identically-clad men, and on the right a combination of Bokoblins, Goombas, Waddle Dees, Monoeyes and an assortment of other creatures. At the head of the latter army stood Ghirahim, rapiers already in hand and licking his lips with bloodlust.
At the head of the other army stood... Mario. As this army got closer, Pit realised something with a jolt. The WHOLE army was a legion of dark-coloured Marios. Suddenly there was a roar and Ghirahim's army surged forward, like a tidal wave. Not a second after this did Mario's legion charge towards the army as well. "Oh dear..." said the Doctor and Layton together. Suddenly, there was a flash of red light and a representation of Evil's face appeared in the sky.
"Your indecision cost you dearly, fools. While my loyal followers make mincemeat out of your troops, I've decided to give you all one more chance. I will let you join my side and be at my side for all eternity, along with Mario, Link and Lucas, if you give me the one thing I ask.
I want the Three Treasures of Truth, or the Sheikah treasures, or whatever you call them. Their power is tiny and they are invaluable to your struggle. I want them, however, and there is no point in hiding them, I know you have them.
I have placed my troops in a PTF, or a Perpetual Temporal Field, for one hour precisely. You cannot move from this spot, or the field will break, and my army will be able to move again. Oh, and make the right choice. This time I won't be entertaining any wrong answers."

End Chapter 2- A Daring Plan
Pit turned the Three Treasures of Truth over in his hand. The Eye of Truth, the Mask of Truth and the Shard of Agony were all very important for something, but he didn't know what. The Doctor and Layton were exchanging a hurried conversation while Samus enlisted the help of some mechanics to build a new Power Suit. Kirby was eating, as usual.
Pit lifted the Mask of Truth and put it on. Above everyone's head appeared a little bubble, in which images swirled and shimmered. Pit realised that these were people's thoughts. He focused in on Kirby's. Kirby's bubble showed an image of mountains of food, with Kirby in the middle, devouring the lot. Pit couldn't help but smile. He then moved to focus on Layton. In Layton's head a huge number of equations were appearing, solving themselves and disappearing again. Along with these were several images of soldiers moving in tight formations. It was clear that he was making a plan. Pit then focused on the Doctor and tried to see his thoughts, but it was as if they were far too distant. Pit couldn't make out anything, it was like looking down the wrong end of a telescope. The Doctor turned and looked directly at Pit. Pit hurriedly packed away the mask, and stood up looking sheepish. But Layton had started talking to the Doctor again.
The Doctor looked at his wristwatch, but then remembered it didn't work here. "The Universe That Never Should Have Been..." he said to himself. "Sorry?" replied Layton. "Never mind me," said the Doctor. "You were saying?" "Well." continued Layton. "Your ship is a time machine, correct?" The Doctor nodded. "Well," said Layton, "We could use it's power to hold the PTF in place long enough for us to get to a more secure location..." A grin spread over their faces. "That's brilliant." said the Doctor, and he ran off to the TARDIS.
Meanwhile Samus was in the engineer's tent. She waited anxiously while the engineer put the finishing touches to her new suit. "Thawt shauld do it!" cried the engineer. "Ain't she an auld beaut!"
The suit looked the same as the previous one, only a bit more retro. The orange's were replaced with gold, and the other parts were a woodish brown. She murmured a word of thanks and slipped into the suit. At once the power booted up. She tried it's flexibility. It was a bit tougher to move, but she could handle it. Suddenly, a klaxon blared from outside. She ran to check.
The Doctor bounced excitedly in front of the TARDIS. In his hand he held his little device, which he called his Sonic Screwdriver. Layton looked at him, slightly in awe, but also slightly envious. The Doctor grinned broadly. "Right everyone, when I press this switch, you've got to run, thatta way." he indicated vaguely with his hand. "You'll find a small village roughly half a klick up the road. Now, go!" he pressed the button. At once, two beams of light shot up from the TARDIS roof and hovered above the two opposing armies. Samus ran up to the Doctor. "No time for questions, get in!" he shouted at her. Samus stepped inside and was shocked to find a cavernous room with a central control desk. "Impossible..." she breathed. "It's bigger on the inside."
"Too right you are!" shouted the Doctor. He was flying around the desk like a mad school boy, flicking switches and pulling levers. "Geronimo!" he shouted and the great engines of the TARDIS wheezed into life. The whole room shook and Samus was thrown roughly on top of Pit. "Ouch" they both said together, but secretly they were both pleased to see each other on board.
Finally, the room settled, and the central Time Rotor stopped moving. "Everyone out!" shouted the Doctor. They all ran into the village, just as the rest of the army arrived.
"It didn't work!" someone screamed. "They're coming!"

Good ol' Kirby, helpful as ever... If 'helping' is described as 'cleaning out the refrigerator'.

I wonder if Samus will now be able to understand what the pink guy is saying now. But at least she's got a new suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back