froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
However it seems that’s not all. As noted by John Gruber (via MacRumors), the iPhone 7’s performance on Geekbench has revealed some very impressive single and multi-core scores which not only has outdone competing phones, but even Apple’s own products like the MacBook Air laptops.

Now there’s this perception that maybe because it is smaller and because it can’t do certain things that smartphones aren’t as powerful as laptops, and to a certain degree that is true for some models. However according to Gruber, he notes that the iPhone 7 has pretty much outdone every single MacBook Air Apple has ever released in both single and multi-core performance, save for the 2015 MacBook Air with an Intel Core i7 which only narrowly edges it out.

Read More

It is impressive that the iPhone 7 A10 chip is faster than the Macbook Air.

But, I feel the Macbook Air and similar PC laptops are more useful because it has a bigger battery, and is compatible with more useful programs like desktop web browser, full desktop video and sound editors, and office suites.

Huh, I wonder if taking out the headphone jack allowed for better specs?

Huh, I wonder if taking out the headphone jack allowed for better specs?

I don't think taking out the headphone jack will increase the speed of the iPhone 7, but removing the headphone jack may have help Apple save money, so they can spend a little extra money to make the iPhone 7 CPU slightly faster.

I found the Processor specs for the $1099 Macbook Air, and it's CPU is a 1.6GHz dual-core Intel i5. The video chip is a Intel HD Graphics 6000, so the video chip is too slow to play most modern games at high video settings.

Back