The Little Mermaid Live Action

Monika

Full GL Member
Credits
Have you guys heard the news about Little Mermaid finally getting a live-action movie? well, I could say that everyone's response is 50/50 just because of the leaked news that they cast a Black woman named "Halle Bailey" to be Ariel.

I still don't know if this is true or not but I assumed it is since it's been circulating on the internet and webzines.

My opinion, it is okay. I got no problem with that I just hope they will sing my favorite soundtracks of the film. I'm also looking forward of who will be cast for Sebastian... :grin: what do you guys think?

Live-action?
Interesting and I have never heard of it before but it looks interesting.

Gosh im so excited for this. I can really imagine her being a mermaid. Her face, eyes, ang voice, she would be a beautiful mermaid. Come on 2023!

It looks alright tbf but it already getting butchered by people on the internet.

It looks alright tbf but it already getting butchered by people on the internet.
Cause people on the internet are being a Rac$!T and A$$ specifically those who are talking bad about her due to her ethnicity

Yeah, I have no problem with the casting of Halle Bailey, and I wish her all the best in this new role.

As for the critics... I think they can be split into two camps. First of all, we have racists who have a problem with the concept of a black main character in and of itself. Secondly, we have the people who grew up with the original film, have an attachment to the Ariel they're familiar with, and just don't like to see their childhood nostalgia being changed. I think the latter group is larger than the former - but the former is obviously more vocal, and has been getting more attention in the media. The racist critics obviously need to be condemned for the vile things they've been saying - but the views of the childhood-nostalgic critics are at least understandable, and I don't think it's fair to tar them with the same brush.

Yeah, I have no problem with the casting of Halle Bailey, and I wish her all the best in this new role.

As for the critics... I think they can be split into two camps. First of all, we have racists who have a problem with the concept of a black main character in and of itself. Secondly, we have the people who grew up with the original film, have an attachment to the Ariel they're familiar with, and just don't like to see their childhood nostalgia being changed. I think the latter group is larger than the former - but the former is obviously more vocal, and has been getting more attention in the media. The racist critics obviously need to be condemned for the vile things they've been saying - but the views of the childhood-nostalgic critics are at least understandable, and I don't think it's fair to tar them with the same brush.
I think people tend to focus more on the moral aspect and either forget or ignore that a lot of people have more innocent reasons.

Trailer is up:

New trailer:

Cause people on the internet are being a Rac$!T and A$$ specifically those who are talking bad about her due to her ethnicity
Racism will never go away from the world. It's like a cancer without a cure deep in some human beings.

I don't care about what others think, I enjoyed the movie.

Back