The new Sailor Moon...

Britanica

Credits
What happened? Why is it SO BAD!? I don't get it. I watched one episode and didn't even make it through. It does not compare to the original. Anyone else watch this? Or at least the originals? I can't be the only one who feels this way.

What happened? Why is it SO BAD!? I don't get it. I watched one episode and didn't even make it through. It does not compare to the original. Anyone else watch this? Or at least the originals? I can't be the only one who feels this way.

what is bad about it exactly? The animation/art look of it? As a reminder, this is the anime truly based on the manga, unlike the first one.

Wait, what? There's a new want? As a fan of the original series, how did I not know about this? Is is a reboot or a sequel? May I have a link, please?

It was terrible. I'm really disappointed in the production company. They knew they would profit because of the large fanbase so they used as little money as possible to produce it. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing the "true" manga story but the art was horrendous. The best part of the series was actually the "Moon Pride" video they released. If all the animation was as good as it was in that video, the reboot could have been a success.

It was terrible. I'm really disappointed in the production company. They knew they would profit because of the large fanbase so they used as little money as possible to produce it. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing the "true" manga story but the art was horrendous. The best part of the series was actually the "Moon Pride" video they released. If all the animation was as good as it was in that video, the reboot could have been a success.

ummm huh? The animation/art in the opening and anime itself is pretty much the same. Only thing about about the reboot is that they used crappy CGI in their transformation sequence. They had to have spent top dollar doing most of this anime, which is why it took 2 weeks to push episodes out.

While the first two seasons of Crystal were awful, from the third season onwards the change in animation skyrocketed!

They got rid of most of that hideous CGI, and the transformation scenes have the gorgeous quality that even Puricure has.
The Crystal remake started by being broadcasted online twice a week, hence the rushed designs and sloppy animation. You have to keep into account that it didn't count with as much planning and support as it did back in the 90's!
It was the revamp in the third season that saved it from the dumps, getting a new director and character designer to give it the fixer upper it deserved.
This is the only reason why it has been able to reach a fourth season, so just skip the messy part and jump straight to the third one! You won't regret it ;)

While the first two seasons of Crystal were awful, from the third season onwards the change in animation skyrocketed!

They got rid of most of that hideous CGI, and the transformation scenes have the gorgeous quality that even Puricure has.
The Crystal remake started by being broadcasted online twice a week, hence the rushed designs and sloppy animation. You have to keep into account that it didn't count with as much planning and support as it did back in the 90's!
It was the revamp in the third season that saved it from the dumps, getting a new director and character designer to give it the fixer upper it deserved.
This is the only reason why it has been able to reach a fourth season, so just skip the messy part and jump straight to the third one! You won't regret it ;)

So glad they got rid of that horrible CGI, it had no place in it from the start.

Twice a week? Lol no, it was every other week. No way could they air two anime episodes in one week unless done well in advance.

I didn't even know they made a new Sailor Moon. I don't even know if I would like Sailor Moon if I were to rewatch it. I know I liked it when I was 8, but I don't know if it would still hold up.

I didn't even know they made a new Sailor Moon. I don't even know if I would like Sailor Moon if I were to rewatch it. I know I liked it when I was 8, but I don't know if it would still hold up.

This is actually based on the manga fully, unlike the first series and is a bit darker in content.

This is actually based on the manga fully, unlike the first series and is a bit darker in content.
Oh, that sounds pretty cool. I remember the original series had some dark parts too though. Like, the only thing I really remember was that Chibiusa was hypnotized and it freaked me the heck out.

Back