Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDaGBmU5tI

The first game takes place in a little forest adjacent to a large country. In the forest, there exists an evil forest witch, and also a genius witch of the swamp named Metallica (voiced by Mariya Ise), the crafty heroine of the story. The witches fought against each other for one hundred years, and neither had been able to win against the other. However, the tables turn one day when Metallica finds a magic script to summon a warrior of legend.

The game debuted in Japan for PlayStation 3 in 2013, and NIS America released the game in Europe and North America in March 2014.

The Witch and The Hundred Knight Revival's website streamed a two-minute teaser for the game's PlayStation 4 update:
source

glad to see the first one being re-released for the PS4 plus a second game announced. Can't wait to play the second one since I really enjoyed the first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpKBx4ub7dE

I've seen the first one around, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the money.  It had the feel of a cookie-cutter type RPG, a la Disgaea.  What, if anything, made this first one stand out from the rest of the games out there?

Bonbinski said:
I've seen the first one around, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the money.  It had the feel of a cookie-cutter type RPG, a la Disgaea.  What, if anything, made this first one stand out from the rest of the games out there?
I personally liked it for the story and music.

I enjoyed doing battles and also the music suited the game, which made it more enjoyable to play and the controls were easy to learn as well. I hope the second one does better and has a good story which can get more people to play the game and enjoy it when this one comes out. This game is a fantasy one and you should try this one out and enjoy, the music and also the designs are done really well and well thought out when the game was designed. 

Thanks for the responses!  I'll have to take a look at this when I go to the game store next.  I've been looking for a good old-fashioned JRPG with modern tweaks that take advantage of the advances we have!  I especially love a good, complicated ability system with lots of customization of armor and weapons as well.  Does this game have that too?

Bonbinski said:
Thanks for the responses!  I'll have to take a look at this when I go to the game store next.  I've been looking for a good old-fashioned JRPG with modern tweaks that take advantage of the advances we have!  I especially love a good, complicated ability system with lots of customization of armor and weapons as well.  Does this game have that too?
weapons yes, armor no. Seems like they didn't have time to put that in.

Back