The World Ends With You Review

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
_The_World_Ends_with_You__by_meru_chan.jpg

The World Ends With You is a Action RPG Developed by Jupiter and Square Enix. It's one of the rare games that fully uses the possibility of the NDS

Story: (9/10)

You are Neku Sakuraba, a teenager that died and woke up one day and in the Shibuya District of Tokyo,Japan and find out that you and others are in a game made by the Reapers. In the Reapers' Game, you and your partner will meet new people that may help you, ask for your help, test you or fight you. In the game you fight the noises which are the monsters in this game.

Gameplay: (10/10)

In the Battle Screen, you will have to fight using both the top and bottom screen. On the touch screen you control Neku using pins to attack the noise. Pins are the weapons you use for battling the noise by giving you access to psychic powers. There are over 300 different pins in the game that you can choose from but you are limited to six pins per battle. All the pins are set into different categories, each category having an activation command (slashing across the screen, slashing across enemies, tapping the screen, drawing a circle on the screen, among others). On the top screen is where your partner fights at, partner that you command the directional pad or the buttons to attack (you can also set your partner to move automatically, but it is recommended to control both characters when playing on hard mode and above). In the City Screen, you have to use the touch screen to navigate around the area. In the shop screen ,you also have to buy stuff using the touch screen, the currency in this is yen which you can obtain from fighting monsters.

Music/Sound: (10/10)

The Music in this game is very strange in this game and yet also nostalgic, there is over 30 Sound Tracks in this game, the music changes when you are in a battle, in a cut scene, a store, or in the city. the sound in this game are just sound effects you can hear when you attack a monster with a certain pin.

Graphics: (8/10)

The Graphics in this game is all 2d and there are some animated cut scenes that shown better then most of the graphics in this game.

Multiplayer: (5/10)

The multiplayer part of this game is just mingling or playing Tin Pin Slammer. Mingling is where you connect to other DS and trade items. Tin Pin slammer is a (beyblade like) minigame that you can play. I give this 5/10 because the game to have been set to have mutiplayer battles (either single or with teams of 2).

Overall: (10/10)

The best games I ever played on the Nintendo DS, I recommend you get it in anyway you can.
Reviewer's Score: 10/10

I remember staring at my screen for hours waiting for Mingle PP from Alien encounters, or changing the date of my DS for shutdown PP lol.
One regret i have is that i have never been able to beat Hanekoma (Panthera Cantus) on Ultimate.

lol And I haven't played this in a long time, so I assume Ultimate was a difficulty? I played through the game once because of my immense backlog.

Yup, on ultimate you can die within 10 seconds if you don't pay attention to both screens, which is really really hard, i usually only concentrate on Neku and only player with his partner when i am using the shield on him.

This was a cute game because of all the stuff in the background... Like how the various companies were based on the Chinese zodiac or how many of the monster were mythological in nature. I enjoyed learning how to battle effectively and using the swag in the best way possible. The ending was a bit weak for me, but that's alright.

This was a cute game because of all the stuff in the background... Like how the various companies were based on the Chinese zodiac or how many of the monster were mythological in nature. I enjoyed learning how to battle effectively and using the swag in the best way possible. The ending was a bit weak for me, but that's alright.

Rumor says that the ending was made that way to leave place for a sequel. My guess would be a new team of reapers trying to overthrow Joshua and Neku saving the day :p

hmmm.. this game, i have played once; i liked it and it was great at the time but you get the feeling you are using the touch screen maybe too much?

hmmm.. this game, i have played once; i liked it and it was great at the time but you get the feeling you are using the touch screen maybe too much?

Not really, i liked the fact that you could play the game only from the touch screen, it was really well-made tbh, though it was a lil embarrassing to blow in the microphone in front of people lol

The music of the game is awesome.
Also if you don't mind checking guides i would suggest reading one that shows you how each pin evolve. Most of them will evolve normally through battle PP but a lot of the good ones will require shutdown or mingle PP.

Back