Thoughts on Sonic Boom?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
It's not been very well received, no thanks to all the bugs and glitches present in it:

And people are saying developer Big Red Button had a ton of staff leave before the game was halfway done:

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/11/15/reports-suggest-brb-exodus-ahead-of-sonic-boom-launch/

So some are actually calling it the next Aliens Colonial Marines or something. But yeah, what do you think of the game? Is it as bad as the reviews and videos suggest? Is the whole concept really an unmigitated disaster?

Or is the hate a bit overdone?

This game is the flipping return of Sonic '06.
But hey, the 3DS demo made me mark Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal on my birthday wish list from "want" to "world will explode if I do not get this". Rise of Lyric, though... Ho-ly Jesus.

And people think Sonic 06 is terrible? I thought it was terrible when I played the demo to the 3DS game. The 3DS game  is boring as hell. Then I saw the Grumps play the Wii U game and it's horrid. I thought Sonic Colors or Sonic and the Dark Knight was the worst Sonic game ever made, but this easily takes the cake.

^Because Sonic 06 is pretty bad. From a technical standpoint it hardly qualifies as a next gen title. As far as Sonic Boom...I see it as a HUGE missed opportunity for the franchise. It could have been fun had it some more polish and shine to it. It looks like an older ps2 title to me and runs worse than one. It really is a shame that they hype up these games so much when they're being developed by other developers only for them to flop like this (And Sonic chronicles..thanks Bioware).

I doubt we'll see sequels to this one anytime soon, if ever.

^Because Sonic 06 is pretty bad. From a technical standpoint it hardly qualifies as a next gen title. As far as Sonic Boom...I see it as a HUGE missed opportunity for the franchise. It could have been fun had it some more polish and shine to it. It looks like an older ps2 title to me and runs worse than one. It really is a shame that they hype up these games so much when they're being developed by other developers only for them to flop like this (And Sonic chronicles..thanks Bioware).

Who knows, the show might live on. I heard that the show is actually not that bad. So if anything, we'll get another not-half-bad sonic show like The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog or that other Sonic show that's not Sonic Underground. I'm not talking about Sonic X either. I'll look it up real quick.

Actually I just looked it up and it's just called Sonic the Hedgehog or Soinc SatAM.

The show is fine and will probably stay on the air for years to come. The show looks far better than the game does graphically also which says a lot when a CG show looks better than the final game.

Oh, Sega...

Who knows, the show might live on. I heard that the show is actually not that bad. So if anything, we'll get another not-half-bad sonic show like The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog or that other Sonic show that's not Sonic Underground. I'm not talking about Sonic X either. I'll look it up real quick.

Actually I just looked it up and it's just called Sonic the Hedgehog or Soinc SatAM.

The guy you talked to is right. The show is funny and it was worth watching a whole playlist of just four episodes.

You can't have Sonic '14 without this...

EDIT: You know how this guy experience the glitch?
HE. F**KING. WALKED.

Why? Why is that a thing? Like part me wants the game because I don't want to Sonic 06 it. Sonic 06 gets a lot of crap and it's actually one of the best Sonic games, but things like this, like really bad glitches that happen for no reason, really turn me off from it. I mean Sonic 06 has some glitches too, but they aren't that bad, the game is still playable.

I can't even imagine how they'll mess up the 3DS version. I almost want to play it through completion just to see if I can break the game.

I was hoping this game was going to be be good, but after seeing the universally bad reviews for it... I don't think I'll ever bother with it. I know everybody hates when places get those copies for early reviews, but nowadays when the producers WON'T send a copy for review it's usually a pretty bad sign. There's just way too many other games I've been waiting all year for to even bother with Sonic Boom. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back