Thoughts on Sonic Mania? [No Spoilers]

NintendoChannel

And here we are!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
...Now, I haven't completed the game yet, since I post whatever I play of it daily online (to avoid spoiling myself). But from what I've played so far, Sonic Mania hit the nail on the head! The developers really outdid themselves and I can tell that a lot of love and passion went into this game. It's made by fans, for fans, that much is true!

Since Sonic Team is one of the most mismanaged gaming companies I have ever come across (in my opinion) I think Sega made the right move by putting 'Mania into the hands into people that obviously loved the Genesis games (or Megadrive, if you're me heh). Seriously, I haven't been this satisfied with a Sonic game in a long time. It feels, looks and plays like a Genesis Sonic Game with really addictive music.

The last good Sonic game, which I believe to be Sonic Generations, was good and replayable as hell. ... But... that was it. Something was missing... and there were still so many things I didn't fancy about the Boost Sonic Games (well if you exclude the Sonic Rush games anyway) with the controls, but that's a different TL:grin:R post.

...And yeah, 'Mania it has its flaws too; Like, the 'Mania exclusive stages could be a bit busy and borderline messy in some parts. Some platforms look interactive, but they're just there for decoration, enemy placements can be on Mario Maker level trollism, it's not even funny.
But, none of that matters, because we basically got our buddy Sonic back! xD --Yeah, Sonic Generations did it already, with Classic Sonic but they messed up the mechanics and physics that the Genesis games had.

If you're unsure about getting it, go get it! Just... just research what Denuvo is first, if you're planning on getting it for PC. But yeah, get it!

9.5/10!!

I liked Sonic Mania and I'm not that big on the 2D Sonic games. The only thing I hate the most is the final boss, which I won't spoil, but fighting it is the worst time I had in the game. It burned all 6 of my lives like they were nothing and I haven't gone back to beat it just because I haven't felt like it.

Other than that, it's a fantastic game that any fan of Sonic, 2D or 3D, will like. I just hope that Sonic Forces will be as good as this.

I liked Sonic Mania and I'm not that big on the 2D Sonic games. The only thing I hate the most is the final boss, which I won't spoil, but fighting it is the worst time I had in the game. It burned all 6 of my lives like they were nothing and I haven't gone back to beat it just because I haven't felt like it.

Other than that, it's a fantastic game that any fan of Sonic, 2D or 3D, will like. I just hope that Sonic Forces will be as good as this.

I'm glad you liked it, man! & I will have to let you know how that Final Boss goes then!
Hm, due to financial stuff, I won't be able to experience Sonic Forces directly, but I will be watching others play it! But... to be honest, I don't have that much faith in Sonic Forces haha. But, I'm open to being suprised! Just no gimmicks and they might nail this.

I haven't played this. But then again, I don't play that many Sonic games. I have only bought a couple of Sonic games over the years since Nintendo bought out Sega and now own the rights to the Sonic franchise (someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I thought happened to Sega). Would this game be worth it for me to acquire?

I haven't played this. But then again, I don't play that many Sonic games. I have only bought a couple of Sonic games over the years since Nintendo bought out Sega and now own the rights to the Sonic franchise (someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that is what I thought happened to Sega). Would this game be worth it for me to acquire?

Yeah, Nintendo pretty much owns Sega at the point in some major way. But in terms of it being official, I'm unsure. And yes, absolutely! If you're someone who has played the Genesis games and at least found them enjoyable, you'll like Mania. But if you don't like the Genesis games, then maybe watch a Trailer first--dip your toe in the water and see if you like it :grin:

Well, I grew up on Nintendo and not Sega (no offense). I've only played a couple of Sonic games since they own the Sonic franchise now. I think I'll take your suggestion and go watch the trailer first before I make any kind of a decision.

Well, I grew up on Nintendo and not Sega (no offense). I've only played a couple of Sonic games since they own the Sonic franchise now. I think I'll take your suggestion and go watch the trailer first before I make any kind of a decision.
None taken!
It's great to explote other people's perspectives and views. Oh, yeah, yeah. Once you do, please come and tell me what you think!

Back