Thoughts on Youtube Gaming?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
It's apparently Youtube's answer to Twitch and gaming specific media sites:

https://gaming.youtube.com/

Personally... I'm not convinced. I mean, I use Youtube, sure. But I also hate the company's guts in general, and think their policies for things like content ID and 'fair use' are causing huge amounts of damage to the gaming world. I also don't really want to give Google any more power, since Google Search, Gmail and Youtube are too pervasive as it is.

But what do you think about the idea and their new gaming specific site?

Pretty pointless, it's just Youtube with a new coat of paint, from what I can tell.
Yeah basically. I mean the blackness is cool and all, but it's pointless. The only thing different is that you can stream, but you could already do that. I know because I was in a YT stream once last year.

For how obnoxious their overly strict copyright claim rules are and stuff, which apparently are already causing issues with the new streaming service, I'm not sure how they intend to draw gamers to it. They've already been a pain in the butt for the gaming community, so they'll have to work twice as hard for draw the group in, especially for those that already have a stream following on Twitch. It's good for Twitch to get more competition though, it'll help to force innovation and updates to the platform.

The Major League Gaming (MLG) alot of the dumb teenagers do on there is ridiculous and quite immature. Markiplier would really be the only one I watch due to how funny he reacts when scared and such.

Back