Time spend on gaming?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
How much time do you spend on gaming each week?

Some days I have more freedom to play video games than others. I only get two days off a week and I am usually free to play for quite a while on my days off. However, I am lucky if I get to play for 1 hour on the days that I do have to work.

Over the past 5 months there's been an incline of how much I've been playing. Like as soon as BotW came out I spent almost all my time playing that. Now I probably play for a few hours a day since I'm trying to focus on other things. Though, YouTube takes more of my time than anything lol.

Very little these days, maybe 2 hours a day if even that? Some days its none at all :squint:

It goes in cycles for me. Some weeks I can spend many hours playing different video games, then other weeks I will play nothing or just a couple of hours. It depends how much a game captures my interest.

I haven't had the time to play today. I had to work from 8 am to 5 pm and then I had to mow the yard as soon as I got home (yuck!). I normally prefer playing on my days off since I can play for hours uninterrupted.

whats wrong with mowing the lawn? I love it personally.

Mowing the lawn isn't something that I normally enjoy. It is something that I do to help my husband since he generally works overtime and I don't. So I mow the yard so that he doesn't have to.

each their own, but I find it good exercise after sitting all day in front of the PC/TV.

That's true. It is good exercise. I mowed the lawn yesterday. It wasn't so bad yesterday because I was sunny with a cool breeze. I could mow the yard without having to stop and take any breaks because it was so nice outside. Normally it's so hot that I have to stop to take breaks and get something to drink. If it would stay the way it was yesterday every time I mowed the lawn then I would be happier than a pig in slop.

Anyway, I'm off today so I am free to play all I want to now that I have my chores done for the day.

That's true. It is good exercise. I mowed the lawn yesterday. It wasn't so bad yesterday because I was sunny with a cool breeze. I could mow the yard without having to stop and take any breaks because it was so nice outside. Normally it's so hot that I have to stop to take breaks and get something to drink. If it would stay the way it was yesterday every time I mowed the lawn then I would be happier than a pig in slop.

Anyway, I'm off today so I am free to play all I want to now that I have my chores done for the day.

It's not hot mowing till you've done it in 90 degree weather and matching dew point/humidity. :p

Eh, these days it can really fluctuate. On the days that I have no major responsibilities I sometimes end up spending up to 12 hours just catching up on everything that I've missed out on throughout the week. Crazy, I know.

But during the week, with work and exercise and just the whole "adulting" thing, I try to make room for at least two solid hours of gameplay, if for nothing else besides de-stressing.

I haven't played that much games these days because of work. I just got Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 though, so that may change soon. I finished these games years ago, but I never played them on Steam with achievements, so that would probably be fun to do. Also the cards that will drop from playing will be incentive too, since I too, collect cards to make them into badges if I really like a game.

It's not hot mowing till you've done it in 90 degree weather and matching dew point/humidity. :p

It's not hot until it's in the mid to high 90's with the humidity even higher, which makes it feel like 115 outside. I did that one day last year and my neighbor stood on her back porch shaking her head at me. She told me it was too hot for me to be outside mowing on a day like that. I didn't disagree with her but I also can't afford for the police to show up on my front door with a ticket because I have an "eye sore" yard. Also, if you don't pay the ticket or respond to them then they'll have the city come mow your yard for you and I've heard that crap is expensive. If you still don't pay that then they can put a lean on your house or just make you pay for it on your taxes at the end of the year.

I just got done mowing the yard again today but it wasn't that bad. I was able to mow my yard in less than an hour and I didn't have to stop and take any breaks. Usually I have to stop and take a break between mowing the front yard and mowing the back yard when it gets too hot outside. Otherwise, my hubby would come home to find me passed out in the yard somewhere.

It's not hot until it's in the mid to high 90's with the humidity even higher, which makes it feel like 115 outside. I did that one day last year and my neighbor stood on her back porch shaking her head at me. She told me it was too hot for me to be outside mowing on a day like that. I didn't disagree with her but I also can't afford for the police to show up on my front door with a ticket because I have an "eye sore" yard. Also, if you don't pay the ticket or respond to them then they'll have the city come mow your yard for you and I've heard that crap is expensive. If you still don't pay that then they can put a lean on your house or just make you pay for it on your taxes at the end of the year.

I just got done mowing the yard again today but it wasn't that bad. I was able to mow my yard in less than an hour and I didn't have to stop and take any breaks. Usually I have to stop and take a break between mowing the front yard and mowing the back yard when it gets too hot outside. Otherwise, my hubby would come home to find me passed out in the yard somewhere.

yeah I've mowed in that heat too, tis killer. Sucks to hear you have such a strict city to enforce that.

yeah I've mowed in that heat too, tis killer. Sucks to hear you have such a strict city to enforce that.

Yeah, that's what they do. However, I mow every week to week and a half. So my grass doesn't get out of hand enough for them to come by my house.

I really get a lot of time to play and it doesn't cut into my day. One of the things about me is I'm a neat freak so I'm always over organized with everything. It sure helps for working out at the gym but people can get annoyed by it.

During the week I wake up and usually find time to play for an hour. After work I play for another hr. Usually between 9pm - 2am I pull in a couple of hrs.
So I'd say I pull in about 30hrs a week :)
14hrs a week at the gym and working out at home.

Between those two and my other hobbies I'm always doing something.

It goes in cycles for me. Some weeks I can spend many hours playing different video games, then other weeks I will play nothing or just a couple of hours. It depends how much a game captures my interest.
Pretty much this. If the game really captivates you with the story (not just graphics and gameplay), you will get hooked and you will play that game as much as possible. I remember playing San Andreas for 2 months straight as a kid, not playing anything else. I did the same for Skyrim and Witcher 3, and I have both games clocked at 300+ hours each on Steam. It's all about the story and how immersive the game can be; if you can live in another world and actually enjoy it, you would do it too.

Pretty much this. If the game really captivates you with the story (not just graphics and gameplay), you will get hooked and you will play that game as much as possible. I remember playing San Andreas for 2 months straight as a kid, not playing anything else. I did the same for Skyrim and Witcher 3, and I have both games clocked at 300+ hours each on Steam. It's all about the story and how immersive the game can be; if you can live in another world and actually enjoy it, you would do it too.

This I can see. I'm sure there have been games for me that I've spent countless hours on. I can't think of which games that would be off the top of my head but I'm sure there were probably some that I've spent a lot of time on if I'd sit down and spent some time thinking about.

Back