Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from tweaktown:

Tiny11 is a lightweight version of Windows 11 that removes the bloat and strips the OS back to a size that can run on modest hardware. Recently we reported on a version called Live11 that managed to squeeze Windows 11 on a 4GB USB drive that could run on RAM without installation.

And with the ability to turn the VRAM of any GPU into a RAM drive, Tiny11 developers NTDEV have done just that and were able to get its cut-down version of Windows 11 running on a GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU with only 4GB of VRAM.

In the video demonstration below, NTDEV even fires up CrystalDiskMark to showcase some good read and write speeds for the VRAM Windows 11 install - 1960 MB/s read and 2497 MB/s write. We also see that, just like the USB install from a short while back, the OS takes roughly 3.5GB of the GPU's total 4GB of memory.

so Windows S, which was the same version for W10 which was a major fail.
Conceptually, I don’t see anything wrong with S mode computers. The problem is that Microsoft has a history of having trash app stores. It’s sad how it hasn’t progressed since Windows 8.

It’s basically a negative feedback loop. Developers don’t want to make apps because people think the app store sucks, and the customers think the app store sucks because of the lack of apps.

I like how fast Tiny11 run on the video demo you posted. I'm impressed that Tiny11 can fit on a 4GB USB drive.

It looks like a good OS for computers with a slower CPU and less storage.

And then I wonder how much more efficient it would be if it was on an older OS with more stuff on the side to use with it.

Back