Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
In America, anime fans do all sorts of things to prove just how serious they are about anime. They watch tons of cartoons, read tons of manga, amass giant collections of books and DVDs, collect character kipple, design and wear costumes, volunteer and work at conventions, talk trash on Internet message boards, and so the list goes on.

Japanese fans do the same kinds of things in the endless quest to prove their fanhood, but here is the main thing they do: they stand in lines. They stand in lines that make the lines at Anime Expo look like a slightly longer-than-usual wait at the grocery store checkout counter. Here is a brief glimpse at the line inside and outside Tokyo Big Sight on March 30, the second public day of the annual Tokyo Anime Fair, about half an hour after the doors first opened to let people in.

see all the photos here

That's pretty sweet.

I wish I could've went to the TAF. I am staff for Otakon and some of the other staff members were there at a booth for Otakon. They had so much fun.
sad0049.gif

QUOTE (Seaofclouds @ April 13, 2008 11:11 pm) I wish I could've went to the TAF. I am staff for Otakon and some of the other staff members were there at a booth for Otakon. They had so much fun.
sad0049.gif

one of these days I'm going to a anime fair
character0044.gif

Yeah, I hope to go to an anime fair some day.

Back