Switch Tone deaf Nintendo strikes again! Friend codes are back...

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Friend codes return for Nintendo Switch

Original head of online play at Nintendo, Outta Toucho-san, woke up from his 6 year coma and demanded the Switch use Friend codes! He also demanded they remove the ability to search for users by their name. Now we are stuck in another nightmare scenario with Nintendo.

I don't understand how they can refuse to learn from the past. When I find out someone I know has a PS4, I ask them what their username is. I then pull up the PS app, search for their username, and send them a friend request. Now we have to memorize some random, 12 digit code if we want to add any acquaintance. The Wii U functioned just fine without friend codes, why can't the Switch?

I thought they said they were getting rid of it?

Well, I hear they'll be updating the Switch to add other methods of adding friends. Like through social media or via their Nintendo Network ID.

But yeah, it's rather boneheaded that they added this back as the default method. No one liked it earlier, and no one will like it now.

I'm not too upset about friend codes. It is easier to add by name, but honestly I hardly use the friend system on consoles.

Back