Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

In Toys for Bob's recent statement, the studio explained that it's currently in talks to enter a partnership with Microsoft. Toys for Bob emphasized that it's becoming an indie studio, so this partnership would presumably be much less restricting than the studio's previous existence underneath the Activision Blizzard umbrella. This deal could see Microsoft publish Toys for Bob's next game, which the studio is "in the early days" of developing. The project will include new stories, characters, and gameplay experiences, according to the statement. While fans might be hopeful that this is a new Spyro game, this possibility remains unconfirmed.

It's a shock. I'm wondering about the benefits of this. They didn't seem to plan on having Microsoft lead them because they were doing their own thing independently. I wonder how their funds check out and their hidden plans to win us all over on their project before making games for companies with or without Microsoft as a third party.

It's a shock. I'm wondering about the benefits of this. They didn't seem to plan on having Microsoft lead them because they were doing their own thing independently. I wonder how their funds check out and their hidden plans to win us all over on their project before making games for companies with or without Microsoft as a third party.

I think they can get funding if nothing else, if they can work with MS, they should hopefully be pushing out a successful Spyro 4, then they can make a hit original game and just keep a cycle of original and crash/spyro games coming out.

CGE is laying it out. Basically, TFB gets an agreement with Microsoft through a contract for the funds for their game instead of being a paid employee.

Back