Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Reuters reports that instead of just selling off the brand name and assets like their original plan, lenders now want to “open a new Toys ‘R’ Us and Babies ‘R’ Us branding company that maintains existing global license agreements and can invest and develop new retail shops.”

Like a discarded toy, it still wants to be loved.

This is good news for workers who rather work at a toy store instead of Walmart, Target and Bestbuy which also sell toy related products, and a lot of other non-toy related products.

I feel working at Walmart, Target, and Bestbuy maybe more difficult than a toy store because you need to also need to sell other non-toy and game related products like microwaves, toasters, electronics, tires, appliances like fridges and stoves, and food like chocolate bars.

Some workers may just want to work in a toy store where they mainly sell toys and video games rather than working at a department store where the store sells almost everything.

This just sounds like they are trying to reinvent themselves. Why didn't they decide this before they started to close their stores down?

I felt Toys R' Us old owner, and marketing staff did not keep up with modern trends like mobile gaming, console gaming, manga, and anime, so they went bankrupt because they did not have toys which as many people want to buy. Toys R Us game prices were similar to Gamestop, Bestbuy, etc, but their gaming section may not have enough games which people wanted to buy.

Hopefully, the new owners can make Toys R' Us do better than before. I feel Toys R' Us fans and kids who enjoy going to toy stores will be sad to see Toys R' Us close down again...

Back