Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So I have been a bit quiet around here, more than I like to be which sadly isn't due to me working on GL v2.... at all :squint: Giving an update here because my life relefct's this sites own life in a way.

Currently I am doing my very best in order to get myself a self sustaining job as that will allow me to both live on my own when the time comes and help fund this site into a even better version of itself. Which to give an update on the job search I had two phone interviews recently, which at the same time, MY PHONE DIED!

So yeah, great time for my phone to die (I'll post a detail topic in the tech board later), and I had to scramble to get a new one which I did setup and work those interviews out, which both seem to turn out well. Now just waiting for the next step in the process (and hopefully not a sorry no longer interested email from future employers...)

So for pretty much 5-6 days out of the week, if I'm not working a 8 or 9 hour shift, I'm hunting for a job. Why am I hunting so hard? Well....

Both of my parents (who completely fund my living currently), are in horrible health.

My dad never really takes care of himself so he could simply drop dead at any moment or simply just not wake up from his sleep.

My mom who did take care of herself, was recently diagnosed with inoperable cancer. (the fucking irony)

On top of it all, we are living in a very shitty apartment right now and are trying to find a nicer place to live as well. Which is also taking up some of my time in constant searches.

So yeah, I'm just trying to help them out as much as possible right now as well and enjoy as much time as possible with them. Given these circumstances, they will not impact the future plans of this site! I am mainly waiting on a better job to finally get things moving.

So yeah, pretty much how things are right now. So bear with the quietness for a bit longer folks, we'll get things moving before long.

-D_S

I am sorry to hear about your parents' health.

Good luck with the job searching and hopefully things will work out for all of you.

Last edited:
if you're sorry then urge anyone you see smoking to stop, it never ends well...
I do and I know, one of my relatives is one of the victims.

I am sorry to hear about what you and your parents are going through.

Good luck with your job hunting and I hope you get something soon.

Sorry to hear about your situation right now. It's horrible when friends and family fall ill, and the fact your phone died right when on the verge of some job interviews must feel like salt in the wound after all that (though them working out was nice to hear).

Still, if you ever have any issues with web hosting or site costs, I can help pay those. I mean, I already pay for Gaming Reinvented and Wario Forums, so I can definitely help keep this place running as well if need be.

Either way, hope things improve for you soon.

I am sorry to hear about your current situation, that must be really hard especially in a first world country.
I hope things on you get better soon.

Sorry to hear about your situation right now. It's horrible when friends and family fall ill, and the fact your phone died right when on the verge of some job interviews must feel like salt in the wound after all that (though them working out was nice to hear).

Still, if you ever have any issues with web hosting or site costs, I can help pay those. I mean, I already pay for Gaming Reinvented and Wario Forums, so I can definitely help keep this place running as well if need be.

Either way, hope things improve for you soon.

If you're willing to help pay, I do have this 40k college debt hanging over my head that could use a good denting :p

Thanks though, I am fully working so at this time money isn't a huge issue, yet....

I am sorry to hear about your current situation, that must be really hard especially in a first world country.
I hope things on you get better soon.

Thanks but please be aware that while I may sound like I am bitching/complaining at times, I do retain the right to do so while far aware that others have it far worse in 3rd word countries. I am extremely fortunate for what I have.

Thanks but please be aware that while I may sound like I am bitching/complaining at times, I do retain the right to do so while far aware that others have it far worse in 3rd word countries. I am extremely fortunate for what I have.
It's all good, it not like you complain all the time as well, those things happens and sometime you just need to get it out :)

If you're willing to help pay, I do have this 40k college debt hanging over my head that could use a good denting :p

Thanks though, I am fully working so at this time money isn't a huge issue, yet....

$40,000? Damn, and over here people think the £9000 fees for university are a lot. You people in the US are being charged way too much for college...

Shame to see you having hard problems at the moment, hopefully it sorts out soon.
$40,000? Damn, and over here people think the £9000 fees for university are a lot. You people in the US are being charged way too much for college...
I think Demon is quoting the whole amount. Here it’s £9k a year for 3 years plus maintenance loans on top of it too so in total it probably equals about the same.

Here. This year, free tuition on state and national universities got approved, so currently I am paying zero bucks, but misc fees are not free. But before free tuition got approved, high class college here cost $12,000 for 4 years while state universities cost only around $5,000 for 4 years. Also junior and senior highschool here are free both public and private, also comes with free uniform on selected schools. With that $40,000 here, you can live for 2 years without working or you can buy a house and lot.

Last edited:
I am really sorry to hear all that Demon_Skeith.
I hope you would get a cool job offer soon.

Back