Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
At this rate, English-speaking Fire Emblem fans may one day be able to play all the early games in the critically acclaimed strategy series.

The first DS Fire Emblem game, released outside of Japan as Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, was a remake of the very first Famicom/NES Fire Emblem.

Now Nintendo looks like it giving that game's sequel (actually the third entry in the series) the same treatment. 1994's Super Famicom/SNES Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo is being remade for the DS, Nintendo announced today in Japan.

The DS version will carry the name Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu. This unofficially translates to Mystery of the Emblem: Hero of Light and Shadow.

In its original Super Famicom form, Mystery of the Emblem consisted of two parts: a remake of the original Famicom game, and an all new sequel. With DS already having a remake of the original, it's presumable that the new remake will focus exclusively on the sequel part.

Nintendo hasn't shared any details on the DS version of Mystery of the Emblem. However, you can get a first look via a trailer that was posted at the official Fire Emblem site. Or, of Japanese scares you, check it out at YouTube.

more here

I will be getting this when it comes out.

It better be better than the older Fire Emblem DS game... I didn't really like it...

here are some new details:

Nintendo unveiled the latest DS Fire Emblem game last week, but didn't share any details. Now, with the opening of an official site, we have first solid details on the game.

Fully titled, translated to English, "Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem -- Hero of Light and Shadow," this second DS Fire Emblem game is a remake of the first Super Famicom Fire Emblem game. You take control of Marth, Prince of the Altea Kingdom.

The DS version actually changes things up some as far as characters go. The main character is a "My Unit" character whom you create and customize in such areas as gender, name, face, hair style and unit type.

While the story still seems to follow Marth (it wouldn't be much of a remake if that wasn't the case!), the My Unit character will feature in a new Prologue sequence which follows your character's path from joining the Altea Army to becoming a soldier fighting alongside Marth. You'll also be able to unlock side stores for the My Unit character. These are played on new maps.

Some features carry over from the first DS Fire Emblem game, released outside of Japan as Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. You'll be able to face off against other players in Wi-Fi and wireless battles.

Japan will get this latest Fire Emblem game on July 15, priced at 4,800 yen. Releases outside of Japan have yet to be announced.

source

And it's out, added a lot to it looks like, 8 chapter prolog before you even get to the starting map from book 2.
New items and axe users are back, the characters they added from SD also return it seems.
A small translation project is in the works for names and items, however he said that he isn't doing menus as of now.

Back