Upgrade to high resolution logo and icons

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Just got a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and I've noticed the site logo and board icons are a tad blurry. Not sure if there's a setting that limits them or if they are already displaying at their maximum resolution. Might want to consider upgrading to a higher resolution as more and more phones are pushing the pixel count beyond 1920x1080.

juuuuust had the icons made for the board (don't go tech on me and tell me they are outdated already, it won't be pretty :p ) , so I would think they be max resolution. I'm thinking your phone might be a bit ahead of its time?

Well I've got some bad news on that front. The display is 1440p, which has apparently been in use since 2012/13 and nearly all flagship android phones have been built with this display since 2015...

Most of the site scales really well because it's built to do that, but the static images used for the logo and icons just look a little blown up and blurry. Maybe get the icons redone in 8k to future proof for the next 15 years :confused:

Well I've got some bad news on that front. The display is 1440p, which has apparently been in use since 2012/13 and nearly all flagship android phones have been built with this display since 2015...

Most of the site scales really well because it's built to do that, but the static images used for the logo and icons just look a little blown up and blurry. Maybe get the icons redone in 8k to future proof for the next 15 years :confused:

hrmm, that might cause a load issue on the forum though. I'll talk it over with my skin maker.

hrmm, that might cause a load issue on the forum though. I'll talk it over with my skin maker.

Next to no chance. The only thing different will be the file size of the images and hence the bandwidth/traffic usage of the site, but only by a marginal amount.

Not blurry on my phone for some reason. Although the screen is marginally smaller than the S8+

Back