Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
633282927207067655.jpg

Every other country on Earth has a cheaper PlayStation 3, and now it's officially official in America too: Sony announced that the PS3 will be $100 cheaper in the US.

The high-end PlayStation model, with an 80 gigabyte hard drive, now costs $499, down from $599. That effectively eliminates the lower-end model, which has a 60-gigabyte drive and has sold for $499. A new low-end model with a 40-gigabyte drive will go on sale Nov. 2 for $399.

So all you cheap-ass gamers who haven't picked up a PlayStation 3 yet, you have little excuse.

Of course, the cheaper PS3's come with a downside--the lack of backward compatibility.

"We're choosing to focus on the PlayStation 2 consumer with the PlayStation 2, which remains incredibly relevant, and focus on the PlayStation 3 consumer with the new 40-gigabyte model and the great software coming out," Sony's Jack Tretton told Reuters.

What are the 60GB's that are still sitting on the shelves going to cost? If I get a PS3, it's going to be one of the original 60GB's that's sitting on the shelves at Best Buy.

QUOTE (Seaofclouds @ October 18, 2007 06:21 pm) What are the 60GB's that are still sitting on the shelves going to cost? If I get a PS3, it's going to be one of the original 60GB's that's sitting on the shelves at Best Buy.
if I remember right that already got a price cut.

Back