Using phone to watch movies all the time

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I am sure it's a bad idea but still many people prefer to do it.
May I know the reason for it, Minasan?

I think it is convenient for viewing movies on a smartphone, so a lot of people prefer using a smartphone for watching movies.

Some smartphone screens are almost the size of small 6 to 7-inch tablets, so they can be good for viewing movies. The higher screen resolution of smartphone's make them nicer for viewing 1080P videos.

I don't, too small of a screen. 60 inches or go home.

I feel some people may use their phone to watch movies to save electricity because a phone uses very little electricity compared to a TV ir desktop PC which use a lot of electricity.

People can also usually charge their phone for free at many public places with a power outlet like schools, libraries, bus stations, and fast food restaurantsm, so users don't need to pay for electricity if they charge in public places.

I feel some people may use their phone to watch movies to save electricity because a phone uses very little electricity compared to a TV ir desktop PC which use a lot of electricity.

People can also usually charge their phone for free at many public places with a power outlet like schools, libraries, bus stations, and fast food restaurantsm, so users don't need to pay for electricity if they charge in public places.
TV’s don’t cost you that much on your electricity bill, and the cost of gas you’d spend driving somewhere to charge your phone away from home would negate your savings. Especially if you take into account that watching videos on your phone drain the battery faster, so you have to either charge it at home, or leave the house again just to charge it. You’re better off focusing on your hearing and lights than your TV.

People just watch movies on their phone because basically everyone owns a phone, and don’t see why you should by a tablet or another TV just to watch in bed or in a different room. Or they’re in public.

I'm guilty of doing this some times because I'll get into my bed and then be lazy to watch a movie or tv show properly. It's just easier to watch it on my phone sometimes

That's something.
To be honest, I never considered that point until now but I am sure small screens are bad for our eyes.

That's something.
To be honest, I never considered that point until now but I am sure small screens are bad for our eyes.

Some people may also use their phone to connect to their school's or a libraries' free wi-fi internet, so they can download or stream movies and video, so they are using both free electricity and free wi-fi to watch movies.

Some phone screens are getting bigger, so the bigger screens may not be as bad for eyes.

Some people may also use their phone to connect to their school's or a libraries' free wi-fi internet, so they can download or stream movies and video, so they are using both free electricity and free wi-fi to watch movies.

Some phone screens are getting bigger, so the bigger screens may not be as bad for eyes.
That's true.
It's just that, I believe the screen should be a bit far away for viewing purpose. That's what I have been taught xD

That's true.
It's just that, I believe the screen should be a bit far away for viewing purpose. That's what I have been taught xD

Smartphones's video signal can be connected to a bigger monitor and TV if your smartphone has a Micro-HDMI video port.

Some smartphones can now connect to TV and monitors if your phone has a Micro-HDMI port on the phone, and your monitor has a HDMI port.

There are most likely poorer smartphone owners who can only afford a smartphone, and they use a Micro-HDMI cable to watch movies on a TV or monitor which they borrowed from someone. A lot of public places like libraries, and schools may let visitors borrow a TV or monitor, so smartphone users can watch movies on a bigger TV after connecting their smartphone to a TV or monitor.

Newer smartphones and some newer TVs can now wirelessly connect to a smartphone to display video on a bigger TV screen.

Smartphones's video signal can be connected to a bigger monitor and TV if your smartphone has a Micro-HDMI video port.

Some smartphones can now connect to TV and monitors if your phone has a Micro-HDMI port on the phone, and your monitor has a HDMI port.

There are most likely poorer smartphone owners who can only afford a smartphone, and they use a Micro-HDMI cable to watch movies on a TV or monitor which they borrowed from someone. A lot of public places like libraries, and schools may let visitors borrow a TV or monitor, so smartphone users can watch movies on a bigger TV after connecting their smartphone to a TV or monitor.

Newer smartphones and some newer TVs can now wirelessly connect to a smartphone to display video on a bigger TV screen.
Oh wow and I don't think I have such a smart TV at my home
Lately I have been using my computer for everything so....well, thank you ^^

Oh wow and I don't think I have such a smart TV at my home
Lately I have been using my computer for everything so....well, thank you ^^

I also don't own a smart TV.

I prefer using a computer for watching video files. I feel a computer keyboard and mouse is easier to use to find videos to watch online on websites and offline as video files. TV remote control don't have enough letter buttons like a, b, c, d..., and the buttons are too small.

I think there are now newer Samsung smartphones which let you connect your phone to a monitor and keyboard and mouse, so it is easier to use for watching video and web browing on a bigger screen.

I also don't own a smart TV.

I prefer using a computer for watching video files. I feel a computer keyboard and mouse is easier to use to find videos to watch online on websites and offline as video files. TV remote control don't have enough letter buttons like a, b, c, d..., and the buttons are too small.

I think there are now newer Samsung smartphones which let you connect your phone to a monitor and keyboard and mouse, so it is easier to use for watching video and web browing on a bigger screen.
That's true.
To be honest, I have never seen a very big monitor to close. I use about 30 inches monitor at the moment

That's true.
To be honest, I have never seen a very big monitor to close. I use about 30 inches monitor at the moment

I seen a store connect a laptop to a large screen TV to use as a monitor to display an advertisement video to sell something.

I think many people also connect two or more monitors on their computer, so they can view two files at once, or browse two websites at the same time.

Back