Valentine's Day Activities

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style
Another month, another holiday related question around the corner lol. Who here celebrates Valentine's? Do you go all out for your S/O or is it just another day to you. For me, I cant stand the holiday because it's just another way of retailers to convince you to spend money.

It's not the money spending I'm afraid of. It's just hurting the lonely people.

I'm happily married but my husband & I feel we don't need a holiday to tell our loved ones they are loved. It's more special when it's out of the blue.
We don't do anything for Valentine's Day. Just like with all the other holidays, it's just another day.
I can see how it can be hard on those who are single but what I did before was just use it for friends & family. Treat my parents out to a nice meal. Give my friend a card. Who says it has to be "romantic" love? :)

I"ll probably play video games all day like i did last year lol.

I tried my best to try dating, but its just another day for me. Probably going to the gym that day.

When it comes to Valentine's Day, it tends to be another day for me and my S/O. We wish each other a happy Valentine's Day but we don't do anything any different than we would do any other day of the year.

I'm happily married but my husband & I feel we don't need a holiday to tell our loved ones they are loved. It's more special when it's out of the blue.
We don't do anything for Valentine's Day. Just like with all the other holidays, it's just another day.
I can see how it can be hard on those who are single but what I did before was just use it for friends & family. Treat my parents out to a nice meal. Give my friend a card. Who says it has to be "romantic" love? :)
I agree, my husband and I are the same way. We don't need a holiday, every day is Valentine's day for us, but that is because we spoil each other.

But I think that Valentine's day should be more inclusive. It should acknowledge all kinds of love and that includes self-love as well. Who says you can't spoil yourself?

Even the unattached should be able to enjoy that day too. But my family and I treat it like we do Christmas and we exchange cards and gifts with each other. This year we postponed our V day plans so that we can pay our car off by March.

Had we gone through with our plans, we wouldn't have it paid off until June. So we pushed our plans back for a month to do just that. That said though, I always thought it was so weird how some people go nuts over V day.. especially considering its gorey origins.

When it comes to Valentine's Day, it tends to be another day for me and my S/O. We wish each other a happy Valentine's Day but we don't do anything any different than we would do any other day of the year.
I would try and gift my partner something nice and lovely on each Valentine's day. I wouldn't have to break the bank for the gift. It can be something simple but nice.

For folks who dig playing, Valentine's Day is a prime excuse to kick back and dive into something like the super popular game "It Takes Two." And if you happen to fly solo on this holiday, why not mingle with new folks who share your interests? Just a few years back, I celebrated V-Day solo at home with a bottle of wine, scoping out potential gaming partners on Game Tree. Surprisingly, I connected with some interesting people who turned out to share a bunch of interests beyond just gaming.

Back