froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Valve is traditionally a software company. Open platforms like the PC and Mac are important to us, as they enable us and our partners to have a robust and direct relationship with customers. We’re frustrated by the lack of innovation in the computer hardware space though, so we’re jumping in. Even basic input, the keyboard and mouse, haven’t really changed in any meaningful way over the years. There’s a real void in the marketplace, and opportunities to create compelling user experiences are being overlooked.

Source

Cool, Valve is making a custom Valve/Steam game console or computer which is used to run Valve software and maybe even a custom operating system designed for gaming.

I would buy an affordable Valve console, or PC with faster performance, a lot of free hard drive space, cheaper games, and custom game controller for gaming on the couch.

I think Valve is making a console for gamers who might not want a Windows 8 PC, Apple Mac, PS4, Xbox 720, and Wii U, but can't afford or build a gaming PC, but own a lot of Valve Steam games which they want to play.

If they can keep this cheap and more powerful than a regular PC they could take down a video game company easily.

It's incredibly hard to make a console more powerful than a PC, so hard that it hasn't been done yet. First of all, it would be way too expensive, second, PC's can constantly be upgraded, consoles cannot, therefore a console can never be stronger than a PC.

I be happy if some of the PC ports will work better on Valve Gaming PC or console since there are some PC games which are ported to consoles which don't work very well because of slowness, or bad controllers.

I think if Valve Gaming Hardware cost around 300-500 dollars, and is compatible with all of Valve's Steam games a lot of people will buy it since backwards compatibility is important for a lot of people, and people don't like re-buying a game they already own on the PSX, PS2, etc, but having to re-buy it as a DLC game for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, etc.

Steam on a console? This makes me happy.

Steam is probably my favorite gaming online service. It has the cool things from Xbox Live like Achievements and DLC and not the unnecessary things from it like avatars and paying for a subscription and being able to play matchmaking.

As long as it has the support that Steam has currently with the third party market, I will no doubtably buy day one, regardless of price.

I would get the Steam console as well since Steam games seem cheaper, and have better backwards compatibility support, so future Steam consoles probably be more likely to play older Steam games.

Plus, I can buy new games 24/7, and play them on a PC, Laptop, Windows Tablet, Apple Mac, and soon Linux, and the Steam console as well when it is released.

Back