Vessel.com

lb

愛してるザラ
Full GL Member
Credits
Vessel.com is a new video hosting platform that has hired hundreds of famous youtubers and a few celebrities to create exclusive content for their website. They charge viewers $2.99 per month to watch all the video content, but they will occasionally provide some videos for free...

What do you think about this site? Will it have any success? People who comment on their posts on FaceBook usually have a negative opinion about them, and say that they won't pay to see some extra-videos of people that already have thousands of videos on YouTube.

I am not sure that I would pay currently, but if the vidoes ever turn out to be esclusive to their site I might.

I wouldn't bother. If YouTuber's started charging for their content I would just find another thing to do with my time. I don't like watching videos enough to feel the need to pay. 

Martin said:
I wouldn't bother. If YouTuber's started charging for their content I would just find another thing to do with my time. I don't like watching videos enough to feel the need to pay. 
YouTube already offers this feature, but not many YouTubers have enabled it for their channel. YouTube actually allows content creators who monetize their videos to make their content available for a monthly subscribtion fee. It's in the channel settings somewhere. It's called 'Paid Content', but it's not available in all countries.

alakazam said:
YouTube already offers this feature, but not many YouTubers have enabled it for their channel. YouTube actually allows content creators who monetize their videos to make their content available for a monthly subscribtion fee. It's in the channel settings somewhere. It's called 'Paid Content', but it's not available in all countries.
I know they offer it, what I am trying to say is that if YouTubers themselves decided to use the feature I would just find something else to do rather than watch the videos.

a lot of youtube content is enjoyable, but not pay worthy. Also if you start to suck while being paid, things get ugly.

Martin said:
I know they offer it, what I am trying to say is that if YouTubers themselves decided to use the feature I would just find something else to do rather than watch the videos.
Yeah, but what I was wondering was... if YouTube already offers YouTubers the option to offer exclusive content through a monthly payment subscription, then what does Vessel bring new to the scene? It doesn't really seem to have a point other than to try to leech off YouTube's big names...

Back