Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Production company Rooster Teeth reached out to Anime News Network on Monday to issue a statement regarding voice actor Vic Mignogna's role in the animated series RWBY.

Effective today, Vic Mignogna is no longer a part of the cast of RWBY and Rooster Teeth is ending all associations with Mignogna. This will not affect the creative content of RWBY.

Mignogna voiced the reoccuring character Qrow Branwen in the series. Rooster Teeth did not announce who will replace Mignogna in future episodes.

Rooster Teeth's statement comes in the wake of allegations leveled against voice actor Vic Mignogna last month. 56-year-old Mignogna was accused by a number of con attendees of kissing and embracing them without consent over the course of his career with some allegations dating back to 2008.

Full story here.

Yesh, not good at all.

I have to admit that without actual proof, not just allegations, I refuse to believe he did anything. It's been too common the last few years for people to claim a celeb or whomever behaved inappropriately years ago and then expect everyone to believe their claims. Even when there's no evidence and the story doesn't add up. (And thusly the accuser should be met with some skepticism.)
Consider the Kavanaugh case where 2 who had made claims against him later admitted they lied about everything.

The idea of these accusations being that the social environment will bring justice. The person makes an accusation (for which there's almost never any backlash or repercussions) and lets the mob destroy the person's career without any proof. And in time when the proof they were innocent or that someone lied comes to light it's far too late, the person's life is ruined and there's no recourse. Even if it's made public that the accused was in fact innocent, and that the accuser lied, many won't hear about it. Even worse is those that do hear the accused is innocent may still not believe it. The mere accusation taints a person forever. And in an era of social media where outrage happens quick, lies can spread fast/far and get repeated often but the truth can't keep up... this kind of stuff is dangerous. (Plus there's the issue of if you do this to someone, will it be turned back on you someday?)

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it now... If someone behaved inappropriately... Don't wait for months/years to report it. Do it right away. Report it to the police or at least the event staff while it's fresh in mind and evidence can be gathered. But never, ever go on social media about it. (It makes a person look like they're trying to get attention or just ruin someone's career.)
And do not lie about this kind of stuff. Every time someone lies and says a person did something inappropriate (but didn't) it makes it worse for everyone else. (Wasted resources to investigate being the key one.)

I have to admit that without actual proof, not just allegations, I refuse to believe he did anything. It's been too common the last few years for people to claim a celeb or whomever behaved inappropriately years ago and then expect everyone to believe their claims. Even when there's no evidence and the story doesn't add up. (And thusly the accuser should be met with some skepticism.)
Consider the Kavanaugh case where 2 who had made claims against him later admitted they lied about everything.

The idea of these accusations being that the social environment will bring justice. The person makes an accusation (for which there's almost never any backlash or repercussions) and lets the mob destroy the person's career without any proof. And in time when the proof they were innocent or that someone lied comes to light it's far too late, the person's life is ruined and there's no recourse. Even if it's made public that the accused was in fact innocent, and that the accuser lied, many won't hear about it. Even worse is those that do hear the accused is innocent may still not believe it. The mere accusation taints a person forever. And in an era of social media where outrage happens quick, lies can spread fast/far and get repeated often but the truth can't keep up... this kind of stuff is dangerous. (Plus there's the issue of if you do this to someone, will it be turned back on you someday?)

I've said this before, and I'll repeat it now... If someone behaved inappropriately... Don't wait for months/years to report it. Do it right away. Report it to the police or at least the event staff while it's fresh in mind and evidence can be gathered. But never, ever go on social media about it. (It makes a person look like they're trying to get attention or just ruin someone's career.)
And do not lie about this kind of stuff. Every time someone lies and says a person did something inappropriate (but didn't) it makes it worse for everyone else. (Wasted resources to investigate being the key one.)

pretty much this.

I've heard allegations about him for like a decade plus, well before the #metoo movement, but it was never actual personal experiences. It was always a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy's cousin that went to the doctor's office that was harassed.

Roosterteeth is also a joke of a company, but that's irrelevant.

I've heard allegations about him for like a decade plus, well before the #metoo movement, but it was never actual personal experiences. It was always a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy's cousin that went to the doctor's office that was harassed.

Roosterteeth is also a joke of a company, but that's irrelevant.

some more detailed journalism is starting to come out on him and it sounds like Vic is just a douche, sadly.

Back