Multi Video Games Release Dates Week (12/18/17+)

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
upload_2017-9-25_0-42-29-png.727

Welcome GL members to a very weak.... *looks at list* you're killing me Switch. Seriously, game release lists aren't supposed to be this long this time of year! Anyways, a new week, a winding down year and time to open your wallets for whatever catches your eye:

Tuesday (12/19/17):
  • Crawl (Switch)
  • DragonFangZ (The Rose & Dungeon of Time)
  • Accounting+ (PS VR)
  • 36 Fragments of Midnight (PS4)
  • 3D Billiards (PS4)
  • Cat Interstellar (PS4)
  • Gunhouse (Vita)
  • Hammerwatch (PS4)
  • VirtuGo (PS4)
  • Xenon Valkyrie + (Vita)
  • Defunct (Xbox One)
  • Brawlout (Switch)
  • Ultrawings (PS VR)
Wednesday (12/20/17):
  • Life Is Strange: Before the Storm, Episode 3 (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  • Raining Blobs (Xbox One)
Thursday (12/21/17):
  • Frederic: Resurrection of Music (Switch)
  • Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Switch)
  • The Deer God (Switch)
  • The Next Penelope (Switch)
  • Defunct (PS4)
  • Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 (PS4)
  • Rollercoaster Legends (PS4)
  • Tiny Metal (PS4)
  • Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King (Switch)
  • Frederic: Resurrection of Music (Switch)
  • Mom Hid My Game! (Switch, 3DS)
  • Puzzle Box Maker (Switch)
  • The Coma: Recut (Switch)
  • The Next Penelope (Switch)
  • Tiny Troopers Joint Ops XL (Switch)
  • Battleminerz (3DS)
Friday (12/22/17):
  • Heart&Slash (Switch)
  • Boom Ball 3 for Kinect (Xbox One)
  • Tactical Mind (Switch)

Nothing for me. Though, I was curious about Brawlout. Turns it it's just a really crappy looking Smash Bros clone. Which makes me worry about the chance of Smash Bros being on the Switch.

whats making you worry about that?
I mean, I'm not totally worried, it's just, if the Smash clone does really well, it might make Nintendo think, "Meh, we already got a Smash Bros type game on the Switch. It's fine."

I mean, I'm not totally worried, it's just, if the Smash clone does really well, it might make Nintendo think, "Meh, we already got a Smash Bros type game on the Switch. It's fine."

Yeeeah, no. I don't think anyone in Nintendo would think that, not for a million dollar game series at least.

Nintendo has always been way too overprotective with its IPs.
Sometimes hobbyist developers tend to ask if it's OK to use (INSERT_NINTENDO_GAME_SERIES_HERE) character on their forum; lots of more experienced developers respond with a "no" before a Nintendo staffer comes to say "no" and lock the topic.

Even at one point I've seen someone who made a "concept art" of what looked like a 30 second edit of a Mimikkyu with something else pasted on it.
Not only an obvious copyright infringment, but also something that allows Nintendo to legally sue that person over (because in Japan you're not allowed to make fun of commercial brands in a way that harms their brand).
Yet that person asked 'if it's OK to make a game out of it'. (・_・)

Nintendo has always been way too overprotective with its IPs.
Sometimes hobbyist developers tend to ask if it's OK to use (INSERT_NINTENDO_GAME_SERIES_HERE) character on their forum; lots of more experienced developers respond with a "no" before a Nintendo staffer comes to say "no" and lock the topic.

Even at one point I've seen someone who made a "concept art" of what looked like a 30 second edit of a Mimikkyu with something else pasted on it.
Not only an obvious copyright infringment, but also something that allows Nintendo to legally sue that person over (because in Japan you're not allowed to make fun of commercial brands in a way that harms their brand).
Yet that person asked 'if it's OK to make a game out of it'. (・_・)

huh, so you're saying if I made a Nintendo forum and used a Mario image, they could sue me?

Back