Multi Video Games Release Dates Week (2/5/18+)

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
upload_2017-9-25_0-42-29-png.727

Welcome everyone to another week of game releases! Most of us are recovering from a recent heavy hitter week, but as snow hits most of the USA this week, perhaps this is something to go treading out into the snow for. Whatever opens your wallet, take your pick:

Tuesday (2/6/18):
  • Dandara (Xbox One, PS4, Switch)
  • Marooners (Xbox One, PS4)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
  • Closers (PC)
  • Bleed 2 (PS4)
  • Dragon Sinker (PS4, Vita)
  • Mercenary Kings Reloaded Edition (Xbox One, PS4)
Wednesday (2/7/18):
  • Little Triangle (Xbox One)
  • Pinstripe (Xbox One)
  • DYE (Xbox One)
  • Bleed 2 (Xbox One)
  • The Darkside Detective (Switch)
Thursday (2/8/18):
  • Aegis Defenders (PS4, Switch)
  • ATOMIK: RunGunJumpGun (Switch)
  • Disc Jam (Switch)
  • Civilization VI: Rise and Fall (PC)
  • Octogeddon (PC)
  • Rust (PC)
  • Heroine Anthem Zero Episode 1 (PS4)
Friday (2/9/18):
  • Dragon Quest Builders (Switch)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (PS4)
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late[st] (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (PS4)
  • Starpoint Gemini Warlords (Xbox One)
  • Overdriven Reloaded: Special Edition (Xbox One)
  • Quantic Pinball (Xbox One)

If I owned a PS4, I'd totally get Shadow of the Colossus. It looks fun.

Other than that, nothing for me this week. I am curious about Dragon Quest Builders because I've never played a Dragon Quest game, but what deters me from it is that it's like Minecraft. Maybe it has more story than Minecraft, and that would be cool, but I'm too scared to spend $60 to test it out.

Oh, so I checked the demo to Dragon Quest Builder the other day. I was right, it's like Minecraft. Except, I think this game is more fun because it has quests and a story. It's a game I might pick up in the future after I play a legit game in the series first.

Oh, so I checked the demo to Dragon Quest Builder the other day. I was right, it's like Minecraft. Except, I think this game is more fun because it has quests and a story. It's a game I might pick up in the future after I play a legit game in the series first.

To me it sounds more like Mario maker, where you build stuff that you can actually do something around.

To me it sounds more like Mario maker, where you build stuff that you can actually do something around.
That sounds cool, but nope, it's honestly just Minecraft. You make a weapon, then you beat blocks until they break, then use the blocks to build things. Plus the bottom hud is like Minecraft. I don't actually know how they're getting away with it being so much like Minecraft. Not that I'm complaining because I was enjoying it more, I just find it weird.

That sounds cool, but nope, it's honestly just Minecraft. You make a weapon, then you beat blocks until they break, then use the blocks to build things. Plus the bottom hud is like Minecraft. I don't actually know how they're getting away with it being so much like Minecraft. Not that I'm complaining because I was enjoying it more, I just find it weird.

you can't make an actual RPG game out of it like RPG maker?

sounds like this game is only for hardcore DQ fans.
Yeah, that's why I want to play an actual DQ game (probably DQ8 when it's on sale) before I try this. Though, a Minecraft fan might like it too. And if you like both, then you're golden.

unfortunately I could never get behind minecraft. Just too much of a time waster.
Same. I mean, I can see the appeal, but I like playing games with story (even if it's a little bit) and Minecraft has little to no story so playing it makes me feel like I'm doing nothing at all. At least in this game you have a reason to do it. The story, in a nonspoiler way, is basically your character is the last builder on the planet, meaning that only you can take materials and put them together to make new things. So you inspire others to build and then you rebuild a town, and I guess eventually the world.

Same. I mean, I can see the appeal, but I like playing games with story (even if it's a little bit) and Minecraft has little to no story so playing it makes me feel like I'm doing nothing at all. At least in this game you have a reason to do it. The story, in a nonspoiler way, is basically your character is the last builder on the planet, meaning that only you can take materials and put them together to make new things. So you inspire others to build and then you rebuild a town, and I guess eventually the world.

Though I will say it is a decent game to play with friends.

Not too sure, think an RPG? People seem to rave on about it so thought I’d give it a go eventually.
I watched an LP of it awhile back. It's more of an action/adventure boss rush kind of game. You go around the world and fight different monsters, but you don't level up or anything. You can kill and eat lizards to gain more stamina, but other than that, your character remains the same.

I watched an LP of it awhile back. It's more of an action/adventure boss rush kind of game. You go around the world and fight different monsters, but you don't level up or anything. You can kill and eat lizards to gain more stamina, but other than that, your character remains the same.

interesting concept.

Back